Tonneau Cover Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
update on Bernie's directions and photos.
He's loaded them on the newtbirddata site in the Santa Barbara folder but they will get moved from there. If you haven't looked at the latest photos from the Santa Barbara trip, do so, they're great.

Meanwhile, I've also set up a page on my website with his photos & instructions: http://www.geocities.com/thenewtbird/bootinstall.html

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Here's a tip to ease those tight snaps. Put a small dab of white litheum grease around the edge of the snap base. This will make it very easy to undo them when you take the boot off.

tr cruiser
Thanks for the top boot snap information. I didn't know they moved. I tried the boot a couple of times last fall and was very disappointed about the mis-alignment of the snaps. I was afraid I would do some damage if I forced the boot to fit. Well, finally along comes a nice day in Illinois, and we took the top off. Followed your instructions on the boot and it installed perfectly even after being folded all winter. I couldn't believe how much better I felt when I saw that everything lined up and the boot went on in less than a minute!

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back