Tire rubbing on a 1956 skirt

The invoice for my early 57 shows
FDR SHIELDS/FULL WHEEL CV 31.75
It has nothing listed for fender skirts
That's what they were called...fender shields.

That line item is apparently for the shields (aka skirts) AND the wheel covers (aka hubcaps).

That's what they were called...fender shields.

That line item is apparently for the shields (aka skirts) AND the wheel covers (aka hubcaps).
Must have been a package deal, buy the shields AND the full wheel covers and we give you a special price.

The invoice for my early 57 shows
FDR SHIELDS/FULL WHEEL CV 31.75
It has nothing listed for fender skirts
I think FDR is shorthand for fender shields AKA skirts and full wheel covers VS just the center cap. Engineers / inventory people have a different way of speaking. As an aside , Military inventory didn't list a Teddy Bear so you had to know how the inventory system worked and look for Bear-Teddy.

Question: There have been references to "Fender Skirts" and "Fender Shields". Are they the same item? (Skirts)
(just noticed prior post while I was posting this).

Ford references the "Gravel Guard", "Stone Shield" or "Splash Guard" as the chrome piece on the front of the fender skirt as an option. Price unknown.

Since my '55 was manufactured before serial #232214, I cannot find the original invoice. Wish I was the original owner (3rd), but I was only 7 at the time! But I did have a chrome Schwinn! LOL!

Thanks

Question: There have been references to "Fender Skirts" and "Fender Shields". Are they the same item? (Skirts)
(just noticed prior post while I was posting this).

Ford references the "Gravel Guard", "Stone Shield" or "Splash Guard" as the chrome piece on the front of the fender skirt as an option. Price unknown.

Since my '55 was manufactured before serial #232214, I cannot find the original invoice. Wish I was the original owner (3rd), but I was only 7 at the time! But I did have a chrome Schwinn! LOL!

Thanks
It may have been mentioned before but the stone guards were standard on all production fender skirts.

Back