Thunderbird Sighting on the Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wathcing the end of the Special Air Force edition of the Price is Right Thursday night and wouldn't you know it they were giving away a Thunderbird in the showcase showdown. Alas, the guy bid over the actual retail price by $253 and lost. By the way it was a Black Premium with partial black accent and no hardtop. I am sure every last one of us could have won that showcase showdown.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I knew he was over and the other guy would win! my wife says I think I am so smart. ( well, I am!)

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Hmmm...a premium with no hardtop? It comes standard!

------------------
Premium Black w/Red partial
VIN - 1FAHP60AX2Y113877
sq#4044
build #14004
Delivered 3/29/02
2000 Chrysler Sebring Conv.
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula

I bet as soon as you posted that the Premium Thunderbirds had a hard top standard, you wished you had checked it out for sure. Hard tops are optional on Delux and Premium models - it just looks standard on the pricing stickers for models so equipped.
I bet the Premium without a hard top is rare but my son has one. Betty and I waited 14 months and he waited 24 hours.

My premimum did not have a hardtop. MRPS $36,140 plus $800.00 for full accent and $555.00 destination and delivery. The premimum included order code 110A that gives you 17" 7 spoke chrome cast aluminum wheels, traction control, 6 disc cd, and rear window defroster. There is probably a separate order cost that includes the hardtop, but since I do not have it, I can not give that information now.

Paul H.

I too have a premium without the hardtop. I did not order mine, but bought it straight off the lot in January. I will be purchasing the hardtop, but as of yet have not decided what color I want to go with my blackbird

Guys, I'm looking at my order for my premium (order code 130A)'bird dated Jan. '01 and the hardtop (as well as chrome wheels, cd changer and traction control) is list as no charge. Apparently Ford has since changed that.

------------------
VIN - 1FAHP60AX2Y113877
sq#4044
build #14004
Delivered 3/29/02

There are 2 configurations offered, each in deluxe and premium packages. Convertible and Convertible with removeable top. Seems dealers are open ordering without removeable roof . . .I got my premium blue convertible 3 weeks ago #16530, no wait, best impulse purchase I ever made.

Originally posted by icrovop:
I too have a premium without the hardtop. I did not order mine, but bought it straight off the lot in January. I will be purchasing the hardtop, but as of yet have not decided what color I want to go with my blackbird

Are the mechanical and the electrical recepticles -on the car- for the hard-top? My dealers could not get a definate answer from Ford. The dealers,of course, would promise anything without checking things out.

Originally posted by TBirdBoy:
Guys, I'm looking at my order for my premium (order code 130A)'bird dated Jan. '01 and the hardtop (as well as chrome wheels, cd changer and traction control) is list as no charge. Apparently Ford has since changed that.

code 130A is a package deal - what you got on your car is what was in that package. Ford has not changed a thing about the orders since day one. The only options that you could get with that package deal that would be extra charges would be a change in the interior - from a "standard" black leather to an accent interior - of which you had 3 choices - and a block heater if it was a US car.

------------------
the New T-bird

hsiegl,

All t-birds are hardtop ready, mine has the sockers, electrical and front screws (but no wrench) even though I did not order the hardtop.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq. #7505
partial blue premium, no top

Originally posted by KYbluebird:
hsiegl,

All t-birds are hardtop ready, mine has the sockers, electrical and front screws (but no wrench) even though I did not order the hardtop.

Thank you, finally my question has been answered. No concrete info from dealers.

Guys,

Apparently the medication my doc has me on is effecting me more than I thought(j/k). I stand corrected.

------------------
VIN - 1FAHP60AX2Y113877
sq#4044
build #14004
Delivered 3/29/02

Originally posted by TBirdBoy:
Guys,

Apparently the medication my doc has me on is effecting me more than I thought(j/k). I stand corrected.

According to the GENUINE TBIRD brochure (which are scarce as hens teeth), the hard top is an option only on the DELUXE model. Hard top option is not mentioned on the PREMIUM one. Implying that the Premium always comes standard with the hard top.

hsiegl

The last page of the brochure next to the color chips lists FOUR configurations:

"Thunderbird Convertible", Deluxe and Premium.

"Thunderbird Convertible With Removable Top", Deluxe and Premium.

The two premium models include chrome wheels and the optional traction control as standard. Interior options are black accent, partial color and full color. Color interiors are not avaiable on the base Deluxe Convertible model. These are the four US models.

Canada models are different, There are two models, "Standard" without the hardtop and "Popular" with the hardtop, that's the only difference. Both have the painted wheels and traction control. As for options, the partial colour interior and the supplemental parking lights are not available but black accent and full colour interior and French labels are. Canada models also have 5 year 100,000 mile for the powertrain and roadside assistance, and for this year only, they are $4000 cheaper than the US birds.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq. #7505
partial blue premium, no top

I saw the preview for the new Bond film, and although it is a long shot, I am sure that Bond was racing his Aston Martin on the ice against a new Thunderbird.

I stand corrected. I must be loosing my eyesight.
I have never heard the dealer mention a Premium with the hard top.

hsiegl

Originally posted by KYbluebird:
The last page of the brochure next to the color chips lists FOUR configurations:

"Thunderbird Convertible", Deluxe and Premium.

"Thunderbird Convertible With Removable Top", Deluxe and Premium.

The two premium models include chrome wheels and the optional traction control as standard. Interior options are black accent, partial color and full color. Color interiors are not avaiable on the base Deluxe Convertible model. These are the four US models.

Canada models are different, There are two models, "Standard" without the hardtop and "Popular" with the hardtop, that's the only difference. Both have the painted wheels and traction control. As for options, the partial colour interior and the supplemental parking lights are not available but black accent and full colour interior and French labels are. Canada models also have 5 year 100,000 mile for the powertrain and roadside assistance, and for this year only, they are $4000 cheaper than the US birds.

-

Icrovop,

Been looking for the preview shots of the T-Bird also - I think the ice sceen was the green Jaguar XKR and the Vanquish - both retrofitted with 4 wheel drive for the shots. Now theres a fun use of money - off roading in a Vanquish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back