Thunderbird Pace Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that an '02 Bird is the pace car for the 24 hours of Daytona. Hopefully, Maisto will make a diecast version of the car!

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

[URL=http://www.wieck.com
once there type in thunderbird 2002 the first picture is the T-Bird your talking about.

-

WKA2002020151284_pv.jpg

They should use this one for the Daytona 500. NASCAR.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Originally posted by DavidN:
WKA2002020151284_pv.jpg

That looks a little goofy to me. Any other honest opinions?

I think the yellow looks fine, and don't mind the markings, but it would also be cool to use 3 T-Birds in delta formation: one red, one white, and one blue.

Hey, maybe if we are lucky the car will be used to pace the Indy race and then we can all buy an "Official Pace Car of the Indianapolis 500" limited edition.
wink.gif

rolleyes.gif
jodrod, do you really want to pay the price the dealers would ask for one of those?

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Model T, Watch it tbird IS the moderator for our site. It's not GW!

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

i agree that it looks a little goofy.

if they wanted the same designs, it would look MUCH better on a red or black car.

in fact, i just did a very quick mock-up in photoshop (it's a little sloppy.) but if someone wants to post it, i'll e-mail you with a j.peg of the pace car in red.

-

Originally posted by Model T:
GW is back, he now calls himself tbird.

I don't see anything wrong with my comment, my wife said it looks goofy too, and she could care less either way. It is not like I'm refering to the car itself. Those decals look like they had a college kid them off some auto magnetics at a Print Shop and stuck them on the car. Thumbs down!

So I'm sitting here watching the Daytona 500, and I'm wondering if the 24 hours of Daytona includes the 500? The pace car is a firebird convertible...even with all of those decals, the 02 t-bird would have looked MUCH better! TBirdMarty, I realize I'm probably showing my NASCAR idiocy here, but wasn't the bird supposed to be the pace car?

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

Flybrd,no the 24 hours of Daytona is not a NASCAR event. Different kind if cars used. The Bird SHOULD be used for the 500 but I'm sure a couple tracks this year will use one for their pace car. Just have to wait and see.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

I agree with tbird, not on the Thunderbird.

What about the motor modifications needed to
be able to pace the Indy race. Were any
comments made available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back