Thunderbird Collection Ident. Plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my identification plate from Thunderbird Collection Headquarters yesterday. (We were asked to complete and return a card.)
It's really quite nice. Very heavy with adhesive on the back.
It would look nice in the Bird. Thinking about where to position it. Any ideas?

We've had board discussion on this subject before. We have the plate now!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

We got our plate yesterday as well. The note that accompanies it says we can place it in the Ford Collection book that has the pouch for it, or mount it in the car. It has double faced tape on the back to place it in the car. We haven't decided yet. I really like the 3-dimensional shape of the bird logo. Still wish they had given us a separate plaque with the MT Car of the Year on it. May look into having a jeweler create that for me.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

car is 6 months old - still don't have book #5. by the time I get it I won't remember the things we are supposed to write in it.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Chief & BB,

Mine has yet to come for Amadeus. Is this a personalizable plate? I still have the one that I got with my 1983 Heritage edition...it came as a form that you could write or print upon, return to them, and the plate was then manufactured. I have my signature, and Go Heels on that one, and it has followed from the '83 to the '87 LX, on to the '89 S/C, and is now on the dash of the '95 S/C.

I took delivery October 9, 01 and have received mailings 1, 2, & 3 but never received # 5 with the card to fill out for the plate. Oh well will just sit back and wait. It will arrive one of these days.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

biggrin.gif
Lon you have one more mailing then I do. Still managing the wait. Although it is a lot easier if you have your car even if it is in the Body Shop now.
mad.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Chief, that was a good idea about putting the "MT Car of The Year 02" on your nameplate. I have had my plate application for about 2 months and haven't been able to decide what to put on it besides my name. It will already have the vin# I think. Does anyone else have any ideas?

biggrin.gif
Maybe we should start a topic on this or maybe we have already done this. There should be a lot of us getting this plate in the near future, at least we hope so. With this program you never know what is going to happend. If and When I get mine I would like to find a place on the inside of the car to put it so everyone can see. I'm just not sure what I will put on it at this point.

OK , we need opinions on this subject.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I asked for the same info you did, Tim, except that I used the date I picked up the car. A day of exquisite joy.
smile.gif

I received my plate today also, and I know that I definitely want it in the car and not hidden in the black book. A few ideas:

1. On the chrome strip, passenger side of the dash
2. On the chrome strip, inside driver's side door
3. On the empty slot in the dash, just above the shift knob -- although it would not sit flush
4. On top of the center console
5. Permanently on my forehead!

I just can't decide. What other ideas do you folks have?

P.S. Lon, maybe you should call the Thunderbird Collection number (whatever that may be). You really should have gotten mailing #5 by now! You are a very patient man.

-

Leon -- I've got some residue adhesive on my visor where I removed the labels. Are you saying orangeoil will take it off? the same orangeoil that is used to polish furniture?

Lon - I took delivery on October 1, 2001 and have only received #1 mailing. After they cashed my check I guess they forgot about me. Oh well, one of these days.

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

Originally posted by pbocciardi:
P.S. Lon, maybe you should call the Thunderbird Collection number (whatever that may be). You really should have gotten mailing #5 by now! You are a very patient man.

You wouldn't happen to have that number handy do you?

------------------
Steve W
VIN-1FAHP60A62Y110376

-

I received mine also and on mine is
2002 thunderbird
crafted especially for
Joy A Trexler-Carr
Life Is Good
Thunderbird Decal(raised)
vin #
another Idea :
Joe Smith
DOB(Birth)
DOD(Delivery
"Precious"

the writing on mine seems to be alittle faded in spots, but no way is it going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back