Thunderbird Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
Is there a problem with the interior accent colors on the Thunderbird blue car? I saw this car at the Detroit International Auto Show in January and was very disappointed with some of the interior accents. The steering wheel and shift knob were beautiful ! But, the door, seat and dash colors were a totally different color. I have the blue car on order now with full interior accent.....I'm having second thoughts.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

EEK! I have a blue one on order as well!

I didn't really like any of the colors offered. The red seemed way too bright, black and white are too common. I can't drive a bright yellow car without getting laughed at, so blue was just left over.

I was really hopeing for a deep red or a maroon. That would have been classy.

Oh, well...

I ordered blue as well; but they have offered me a choice of a blue top or white top. I am wondering which would look better, especially with the ugly blue interior accent.

------------------
KSM

Originally posted by Kristopher:
I ordered blue as well; but they have offered me a choice of a blue top or white top. I am wondering which would look better, especially with the ugly blue interior accent.

If you plan on keeping her more than a year or so, order the blue top. White only looks good for a short while.

I just ordered my blue one yesterday! What a hard decision, between the black and getting it this year or the limited ed blue and getting it next. I've found there is a real shortage of samples of the blue color. I've 'painted' it and seen the picture from the dealer brochure. Is it more of a silver-blue? I agree the pictures of the seat insets are pretty gaudy but maybe by the time they build our cars next year someone will have figured that out and fixed it.

The interior blue, other then steering wheel and shift handle, is similar to the blue in the thunderbird inset on the front and rear of the vehicle (actually all 5 color cars have the same blue inset). I think, hope the main problem with the show car I saw in January is that it was a prototpye car. The interior color actually looked like latex paint. But, the exterior blue is absolutely beautiful!

People who've seen the blue interior color at the auto shows say it's more of an aqua. I think it adds interest to an otherwise plain-looking package. I ordered the T-bird blue exterior and hardtop. It's the only metallic paint color and looks more green than blue in some photos. I think it picks up a lot of color from existing light. The "seacliff" picture is sky blue, but the showroom illustrations onthe fordvehicles web site are somewhat green.

I ordered the blue top.Think it will look better with the blue paint. By the way, my dealer told me that the production of the blue cars is being moved way up. He didn't have a date on it yet but they expect to get their first Bird in around the 1st. of June. He thinks the blue may be out towards the end of summer.

SK, from my obsessive readings of this newsgroup and a more extensive one on blueovalnews.com, I can tell you with almost 100 percent certainty that your dealer was mistaken.

The Job1 date is now June 7 (and this has been corroborated by workers at the Wixom plant, where the car is being produced). That is the day production will START.

In addition, there are rumors of "up to" a 90-day freeze on the cars.

So there really is no way dealers are going to get ANY cars in June. Our best guess is that cars will just begin to roll into the dealers sometime between late July and September. (And by the way, all 5 colors will be produced at the same time, from what we've been told.)

Sorry about the disappointing news. It's a tough wait!

Hi All

Just wanted to help out if I can. The color match problem with the blue has been corrected. There was a problem with the trim accents not matching the body of the car.

The official launch date (as we were told) is going to be the week of June 3 for the final line, which means body shop and paint will begin a week before.

There is always up to a 90 day hold on all new production. This is to make sure that there aren't unnecessary "recalls" for items that can be taken care of "in house". Although we have run test cars already, they never know if everything is going to fit right until they reach full production.

The T Bird has its own final department and won't be going down the line with the other cars that we produce.

WixomPooh, thank you so much for yur continuing information. It's so helpful to all of us. I hope they're paying you enough over at Ford! Is it dangerous working in the paint area -- what with the paint fumes, etc.?

I reread the posts this morning, and wanted to add the comment regarding the Tbird blue. It is more of an aqua color, to me its very 50's... and a really really beautiful color.

I am a paint repair person, basically I make sure that the paint job is as flawless as it can be.

Will keep everyone updated as I hear anything new.

WixomPooh . . .

I have a yellow T-bird ordered. I've never need a T-bird of any type, and the photos in the brochures are shot with "evening" light, throwing off the colors.

Is the T-bird yellow a bright yellow like the Mustang, or a softer yellow? What do you think of the color?

Tom

The yellow is a bright... its definately not the same yellow that is on the mustang or the escape....

I think its a real attention getter... its definately going to stand out.... whether sitting in your driveway or going down the highway...

WixomPooh, well the time has finally come. You are painting my blue/blue/full blue/premium TODAY according to my info. It's VIN is 12778 (BLIN 3757 if I understood David Davis correctly). It was almost exactly a year ago when I joined this forum asking about the blue color problem I observed at the Detroit Auto Show in January 2001. You posted the following reply which I appreciated.

I'll meet David at 1:00 tomorrow, Thursday 3/7 at Wixom for "the tour". Hope I see you there.

Originally posted by WixomPooh:
Hi All

Just wanted to help out if I can. The color match problem with the blue has been corrected. There was a problem with the trim accents not matching the body of the car.

The official launch date (as we were told) is going to be the week of June 3 for the final line, which means body shop and paint will begin a week before.

There is always up to a 90 day hold on all new production. This is to make sure that there aren't unnecessary "recalls" for items that can be taken care of "in house". Although we have run test cars already, they never know if everything is going to fit right until they reach full production.

The T Bird has its own final department and won't be going down the line with the other cars that we produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back