The T-Bird gods were smiling on me today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After over 3 months I received my first mailing from the Thunderbird Collection. My dealer had assured me as late as a couple of weeks ago that I had been signed up, but I was getting nervous after all of this time.

Also, I finally received my personalized license plate from the Oklahoma Tax Commission. It took about 3 months to come in also. "2K2BIRD" will soon be replacing the regular tag. Funny, I was just thinking at lunch today that I should call and make sure it was not lost in the mail or the system somewhere.

To top it off, I got some of the little T-bird keychains in torch red from the guy that always advertises them on eBay. Don't know if anyone else has gotten any but they are pretty cute (headlights light up) and the casting (about 1/75th scale - I'd say)is fairly decent. The doorhandles were painted black but a little fingernail polish remover is taking care of that.

A fun day - that could have only been better if I would have been off work and could have enjoyed a freak 80 degree day in mid-March in NE Oklahoma.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Lo and behold mailing number 5 (black Journal and engraved plate application) showed up today on my porch.

Life is good,

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Just as an interesting side note:

I received my first mailing of the Thunderbird Collection last Thursday 3/14. I have been in the system since the "Manage the Wait" days. Is this any way to run a railroad?

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

I believe it is known as the FORD way! Doesn't have to make sense to anyone else, especially the customer.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back