The Great Georgia Thunderbird Road Rally- This Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well our long awaited, first-ever, Georgia Road Rally is now just hours away. For those traveling Friday and early Saturday morning from out of State, have a safe trip to Atlanta. We all look forward to meeting you on Saturday morning!

For those in and out of town, remember to arrive by 10:30am Saturday morning, with a full tank of gas. You may want to arrive closer to 9:00am if you want to have time to meet everyone and to admire each other's cars (not that there won't be more such occasions to do this on Saturday and Sunday).

There will be a catered food spread by Chestatee Ford, our starting point for the rally. Unless there are last-minute additions or cancellations, I have reservations for 73 people and 38 Thunderbird's, most of them 2002 models.

I'll be off work Friday, as are lots of others in the group, to prepare for the road rally.

Rain (hopefully not) or shine we're ready to get together once again. See everyone Saturday for "The Great Georgia Thunderbird Road Rally"!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just to emphasize 2 things: we will be leaving Chestatee Ford at 10:30 sharp, so PLEASE don't be late. Come at 9:00 and have food and great company.
The other thing is make sure your tank is full before you get to Chestatee Ford. No gas stops are planned. See you all tomorrow morning. Safe driving everyone!

Originally posted by TbirdTim:
Well our long awaited, first-ever, Georgia Road Rally is now just hours away. For those traveling Friday and early Saturday morning from out of State, have a safe trip to Atlanta. We all look forward to meeting you on Saturday morning!

Good luck Tim, take lots of pictures and somebody send me a video so I can encode and add it to the members area of the site for viewing online.

Temperature in Atlanta:
Atlanta.gif

-

THERE WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE ANY RAIN DURING THE RALLY. On second thought this is a Thunderbird Rally and where you have Thunderbirds, chances are you will have rain.
If we do bring the rain maybe we could hire ourselves out to drought stricken areas like the rainmakes in the old days did.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Latest weather report......skies will be clearing by mid morning and beautiful Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.

Temps in the mid to upper 70's.

Great topless weather. But enough about the dress code for the females.

Here's hoping for a great weekend. We've all been looking forward to this history making event.

Again, thank you Tim and David for planning and orchestrating what will be a very memorable experience for all of us Newbirdies.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Thanks, Joel. I've been busy all day with various road rally related things and I have been watching the weather too. I managed to wash my car in between rain showers, so all is ready ready to go for this great event!

Jeanne and I are looking forward to tomorrow, and we appreciate all the work that ya'll put into this rally. I'm excited about seeing all the new and old birds.

I live too far away to participate but I wish you all have a great trip and a beautiful weekend. ENJOY.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back