The 2002 Thunderbird Screen Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you love to have one for your computer??? I would!! Here's my idea:

Let's have everyone on the site download digital pics of their birds in different parts of the country and then find someone who knows how to create a screen saver collage the photos and then put the product on this website for downloading.

I currently have a Viper Screen Saver on my computer and can send it to anyone who has the know-how to pull apart and see what the programming was that went into making it. It is password protected and has little tricks like bouncing the pic with shadows, etc.

Post your thoughts and skills and let's see if we can get something going and do a "works in progress" screen saver.

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

P.S. I am going to meet up with KTesdel so we can get a So Cal pic of our birds for the SS.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Reverse engineering is illegal.

I don't remember the site right now but I know of a free screen saver that you can load jpg's into. I'll see if I can find it.

Joe,

Legal Smegal. My motto is So Sioux! Let's see what we can do with this.

By the way, how's the fit on your Bezel?

I am also sending you some photos of a Black 55 that I took yesterday. Stay tuned.

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

rt2esq,

The fit is pretty good, the top rear center where it meets the hood is just a scosh high, maybe 1/16" higher, not real noticable unless you look close.

As to the software, keep in mind that someone is doing this for a living, they write software to pay the bills. I (and probably you also) would not be real happy if someone decided to take the same approach to the Bird. I'll take it, let them sue me.

Joe,

I jest, really -- I handle many cases where people do bad things like that and I am pretty passionate about it like you.

Most computers have these type of programs and I am sure the technology is not so secret. In fact, I am pretty sure our moderator probably has what we need. I am simply not a techie.

The screen saver you sent is cool. I was thinking we screen out unique photos taken by members of this forum for a members only screen saver.

Pics like our chrome bezel and Tim's wings could be displayed as well as fresh ideas. We could update the screen saver so it doesn't get too large. However, most computers can handle larger ones.

I am sending my photos to you now. The other bird is not "pure" but gave me good insight into the comparisons.

Happy New Year

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

Every Kodak Picture CD disk includes software for generating custom screen savers. You can produce 3D cubes, film strips or slideshows with a variety of transition effects. The photos do not have to be on the Picture CD. You can get a Picture CD made from any film roll negatives [I believe] at your photo store. installation instructions

-

Maybe one of you that have your T-Bird would be willing to use up a little rubber and we could get one doing a burn out.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

I've tried like hell but haven't had any luck gettting a good burnout. Besides, I don't want to be the one with my pic abusing this beautiful vehicle!

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

FYI-

I have screensaver software here that I use on a regular basis for projects, and I have the ability to add short movies and soundtracks. Start emailing me pics of your cars in hi-resolution, preferably 300dpi, and I'll build some sample savers for you.

------------------

Tony,

You are the man!!! I suggest we all take digital pics of the bird in cool places and send them to Tony.

I'll let KTedsel take the California Coastals since he is in the beach area. I'll get some good photos of Downtown LA and Staples since I've got a few friends connected there.

Tony, maybe you can script in our member names on the photos so we all know who's Bird were looking at??

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

Just make sure you send your name along with the pic, and a description of the location where the picture was taken.

Maybe we can also use this to put a calendar together devoted to the 02?

I think between Tip and I we can put together some nice little goodies for the group!

I just tested a new version of the screensaver program I use. I will be purchasing the program, so I can build the screensavers for the group-this one will publish the savers as self-installing executable files on CD-ROM, which means I can distribute them very easily.

------------------

-

Great idea, Tony! I have an excellent source for calendars that can produce customs in low minimums. Just let me know.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium '02 (Waiting sort of patiently)
Yellow '76

What ever happened to this screen saver idea?

I would like to oder one if they are reality.

I have several early bird calendars but haven't found any 2002 bird calendars available.

I will do pictures as soon as I pick up my bird (10-14 days)

I have a Macintosh running OS X. It comes with a screen saver. If you drop some pictures into a certain folder you can turn on a screen saver slide show using those pictures. I would think that there would be a similar piece of software for the Windows world at a reasonable price.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

Regarding Windows based desktop/screensaver. I use "Webshots", available for free at their website. You can register, and download their pics, or simply input your own into the folder within the program. I have mine broken up into several subfolders with different types of pics. You can turn on one or more folders to be used for the desktop and/or screensaver. I find it easy to use. You can even find some TBird pics in their Gallery.

Birdbrain,

I have webshots also but never noticed that you could install your own pics. I noticed that their pics have a .wbc extensition. How do you add your own photos?

Webshots is nice-but for a dedicated, self-installing screensaver, the pictures are no good-the company uses a proprietary software to render the pictures-thereby negating the ability to infringe on the copyrights of the people who own the pictures. I like that feature because I have several of my own pics up on the Webshots gallery, which are copyrighted under SilverWolf Studios.

I have over 100 pictures now-but I still don't have any pictures of a white Thunderbird for the collection. As soon as I have the rest of the pictures I need, I will start construction of the Screensaver, using "Fun, Fun, Fun", "Silver Thunderbird" and "Makin Thunderbirds" as the audio tracks, and will include some video clips from Ford as part of the saver.

------------------
**********, **************************

Tony,

Didn't think the saver got lost, I know things like this can take time, especially if you take the time to do it right.

Will be looking forward to it when it is ready.

I have a white bird, where do you want the pictures sent. I need to get a digital camera anyway..it would be a good excuse for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back