Temporary Front License plate Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've dabbled with this idea before, but never got any ideas that I liked. I hate the look of the T-bird with a front plate on it, so I don't have it mounted. I haven't driven with front plates for years on numerous vehicles even though my state requires it. HOWEVER...now the city of chicago must have a Lojack on my car or something, cuz even when I park legally on the street, within 20 mins (literally) they find my car and give me a parking ticket for no front plate...50 bucks per..ching ching, thank you very much.

What I want to be able to do, is have the plate and/or holder in the trunk, and if I park in the city I want to be able to easily toss it on...HOWEVER, if I forget to take it back off, I don't want it to fall off when driving. The last resort would be drilling holes in the bumper cover, so the grill seems to be the only option. Before I was wondering if there would be a way to use magnets.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I guess the problem is because so many states don't require them, so it would look odd on a car if they designed the front with a plate in mind, and then didn't have one on the car.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

With the whole front end plastic sounds to me like your best option would be some type of rubber coated hooks, like on a bungee cord, to snag into the eggcrate grill openings.

I was thinking to use the original plate bracket, but maybe with your idea I should just use the plate and a frame of some sort with a solid rubber back

Theres another idea... as I recall the original bracket hooks at the bottom and you would only need a short piece of elastic with a hook into the grill to hold the top of the bracket against the bumper.

I know what duct tape is for, and it isn't for license plates. I saw a few rusted cars around town with duct tape holding them together. Of course, if your license is rusting a lot, then I think it would be ok.

Think you can get away with it sitting on your dash?

Theres a good idea... the cops would think you haven't had the car long and don't have the front bracket yet...

I think that would work with getting pulled over (I currently have it in the trunk, and tell them I'm waiting on a new bracket to come in. The people that are getting me are the "meter maids"...I don't know whether or not they would consider that ok, since they are obviously desperatly searching for any reason to ticket a parked car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back