Talking about Soft top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yellowwing1

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I just found a snap missing in the car, on the first snap of the torneau cover. On the drivers side. Have no idea where it went will check it out when I start detailing.

When is the soft cover coming?????? Joy

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Joy:

Figure the soft top will be here in a month or so. However, it uses the same snaps so you do need to get that fixed.

Have you contacted Keith @ z3solution@******* to register your interest?

Patience....

Tom M

Put a small amount of white litheum grease on the 6 snaps that hold the tonneau. This will make them much easier to release when you take the tonneau off. You may need to do this periodically as they get stubborn again.
wink.gif

I noticed that the proposed soft boot cover is secured in the rear by the trunk lid. Does this bother anyone as far as appearance goes? I'm also wondering if this requires an opening in the cover for the high mounted brake light and if it will flutter and cause more rear deck damage?

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Originally posted by jawill2000:
I noticed that the proposed soft boot cover is secured in the rear by the trunk lid. Does this bother anyone as far as appearance goes? I'm also wondering if this requires an opening in the cover for the high mounted brake light and if it will flutter and cause more rear deck damage?

look close at the photo of that cover, it goes around the center brake light.
I also asked about flutter and he said it should not occur.

About the soft boot cover...

1. I had my car up to about 80 MPH and it certainly did not flutter at all. It did not move at all. The air pressure at that point on the car is pressing the cover firmly down. Plus, it is stretched pretty tight between the snaps and the trunk lid.

Keith has shipped a bunch of Z3 soft boot covers using the same "trunk lid capture" method without any problems at all.

2. As to whether capturing the soft boot under the trunk lid bothers you or not, I'll leave that up to you. Certainly I thought it looked fine on my black, but we have not tried it on any of the other colors yet.

My personal opinion is, once you get one, you'll be so pleased by how quickly it installs and all the trunk space it frees up, you'll be absolutely delighted.

Of course, opinions vary, you're welcome to yours.

Tom M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back