t-birdworker

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
I'am one of the many proud people that put together your t-bird. It's nice to hear how happy everyone is with there new t-bird and the excitment and buzz the car brings. At the plant level all we here is what we doing wrong so its nice to hear the good side of the stories. Dont get me wrong we still like to here from you the coustmer on what we can to improve the car and any defects you have noticed on your bird. If you guys have any questions or complaints about your new bird let me know and I,ll trie to relay the message to the right people. Thanks for the stories and many miles of happy driving

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Nice to see another one of the people who bring our birds to us on the board! I'm hoping that we will be able to set up a tour when John McCarthy and I visit Dearborn at the beginning of March.

------------------
**********, **************************

Thanks Buckets, it truly is nice to see so much interest from you guys at the plant. I have had a few problems, but I will tell you, this car has me so proud to be the owner of such a beautiful union made product as your putting out at your plant. Its too bad we can't buzz the plant when we leave on the RT 66 Tour, to thank all the hard workes there.

More thanks from a very pleased recent owner, Buckets. As an ex-Detroiter and Ford employee it does my heart good to give a little back to the people and area I grew up with. You're helping build more than just another automobile. The T-bird is well on the way to becoming a new American classic. Some day you'll be able to point back with pride and say "I helped make it happen." By the way, what is your role in the process?

Yellowwing-word is that the union will allow some of the folks from the plant to come to Chicago for the sendoff.

------------------

Buckets,

I got mine yesterday! I am so unbelievably happy. If you had anything to do with the production of Vin #10074, then I am eternally grateful to you. The design is spectacular, but the way it's been built is icing on the cake. If/when you get a hard time from your superiors, please remember all of us happy drivers who you have heard from on this forum. AND you can print this out and post it on your locker.

Thanks to you and all of your co-workers!

Tommy Tbird Blue

Originally posted by buckets711:
I'am one of the many proud people that put together your t-bird. It's nice to hear how happy everyone is with there new t-bird and the excitment and buzz the car brings. At the plant level all we here is what we doing wrong so its nice to hear the good side of the stories. Dont get me wrong we still like to here from you the coustmer on what we can to improve the car and any defects you have noticed on your bird. If you guys have any questions or complaints about your new bird let me know and I,ll trie to relay the message to the right people. Thanks for the stories and many miles of happy driving

Birdman, how great, I thought something like that would be a great idea. Maybe the union can pick some of the workers who went out of their way to help keep us from going insane waiting. The ones that communicated with us on line and the ones that we communicated with in the survey's.
Again a great idea, thanks to whoever thought of that.(maybe birdman)

buckets711, Welcome aboard. Glad to see that you have the time to keep us informed as to what is going on at the plant. Hopefully you had something to do with my Blue/Blue/Full Blue Premium VIN# 650. I have had it since August with only a minor rear differential seal leak which was fixed. Don't let THE MAN get you down, we love you.

For those of you that will be starting Thunder in Chicago, I have a thought on how we can thank all of the workers at Ford/Wixom. I'm going to check out one of the places that does what is called large-format photoprinting, and have a 8X20 mural sized shot of our group at Navy Pier made especially for the Wixom Plant-any suggestions on what the lettering should say?

WixomPooh-any ideas on where you could hang it?

------------------

Birdman93 Wish I could be there but won't work for me. Here are some ideas. THE WORKERS AND THE DRIVERS. or THE CRAFTSMEN AND THE BIRD LOVERS, or maybe THE DREAM MAKERS AND THE DREAMERS. Sure you will get lots more.
These will only work if you have some workers there.
------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

-

Buckets711: I have had an order in since last April. Is the backlog that great for production or could my order have gone to someone else. The Customer Service line at Ford says there is up to one year delay in production due to parts problems. I'd be interested in you take on this.
Tbrd2001@netzero.net

George. hate to tell you but most of us on the board have waited a year or more till ours came in. Mine took 1yr. and 12 days from time of order till I picked it up on the 28th of Jan. All good things take time!!

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

George,

Do you know your position in the dealers allocation and their total allocation (# of #)? It sounds to me that if your order was not made until April of this year you will be one of the last of their allotment.

With the above data we can make a guess at when you should get your car.

Sounds like customer service is giving you a line, there have not been any parts problems that I know of, if there are it is something new. Maybe redbird can help on this.

George,
Most of the 25,000 planned production of these t-birds were presold by July of last year which means there are many in the same "boat" as you. We placed our order in March, 11 months to today and we don't expect to even see our VIN# until April or even May as we're #18 of our dealer's allotment of 26.
There is one on this board that placed their order in January 2001 and they're #23 of 24 - you guessed it - they don't expect to even see their VIN# until late spring.

Ford's goal for production was 15/hour and they're close to that goal with production of the 2002 expected to end sometime in August which means that some 2002s may not even be delivered until September. Only 10,000 have been built so far.

I agree with jodrod that customer service is handing you a line (and a long one at that
wink.gif

Any parts shortage that may occur will not be noticeable by anyone that has not received a VIN# yet, therefore nothing you should worry about.

-

jodrod: To answer your question, my dealer has an allocattion of 5 and I am number 2 on the list. He did get his first one in October 2001. By the sounds of all the response, I just have to be patient. Will post again if I get ant info.
George
Originally posted by jodrod:
George,

Do you know your position in the dealers allocation and their total allocation (# of #)? It sounds to me that if your order was not made until April of this year you will be one of the last of their allotment.

With the above data we can make a guess at when you should get your car.

Sounds like customer service is giving you a line, there have not been any parts problems that I know of, if there are it is something new. Maybe redbird can help on this.

Birdman93, For your picture how about "The Few, The Proud, The T-Bird Owners" Thanks Wixom!

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Tony, great idea! It would be good to include the name and date of the event for identification. How about a diagonal row of the cars ready to go in front of the group photo? I'm sending in my membership application today!

Tony

I'd love it to see it hanging in the Paint Department- ummm wonder why. Although I am sure that my fellow Wixom workers would love to see it in their departments.

I am sure that where ever it is hung, it will be appreciated by all who see it
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back