T-Bird Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found a place to dowhload the Brazzaville song Old Man Dub.It is on Audiogalaxy.com. There are only two copys of it on there and it is over 6 min. long so it will take some time to get it. Many Thanks to traveler for letting me know about this. I did look on this site before and couldn't find it but have it now.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Not a Thunderbird song but those of you from Alabama may enjoy having the new release from Alan Jackson in your car. You can listen to a short clip of the lead song from the album, "Drive" on FYE's site.
Might be why he gave an 02 Thunderbird to country.com to give away.

Originally posted by thenewtbird2:
Not a Thunderbird song but those of you from Alabama may enjoy having the new release from Alan Jackson in your car. You can listen to a short clip of the lead song from the album, "Drive" on FYE's site.
Might be why he gave an 02 Thunderbird to country.com to give away.
Yes and when you go to enter the contest they start cluttering your mailbox with spam then when you try to unsubscribe you find you can't cause you're not registered a cute "catch 22". I hate country music so my only alternative was to block country.com's address.

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental & waiting for red/red/blk premium Bird (#2 of 2 also VIN-less)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

Fight nice people, we all know what can happen when things get out of hand.
I don't like country music eather, but to each his own!

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

I dubbed my CD -- when I get my bird (this week!!), I'm going to pop this puppy in and jam....comments are most welcome.

1. The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun -- got to be on the bird-lover's CD
2. The Delicates - Black and White
Thunderbird - fun little 50's ditty.
3. Chuck Berry - No Particular Place to Go - the way I'm gonna feel cruising...
4. The Beatles - Drive My Car -- beep-beep, beep-beep, yea
5. Golden Earring - Radar Love - one of the best driving songs ever
6. The Pointer Sisters - Fire - "I'm riding in your car"...try and listen to this one without thinking of Robin Williams doing Elmer Fudd
7. Buffalo Springfield - Bluebird - the color of my bird
8. Jodee Messina- Silver Thunderbird - good jam, country
9. Mike Cross - TBird Blues - another good obscure jam.
10. Stevie Ray Vaughn - Thunderbird - great guitar work
11. Tito Puente - Thunderbird - Tito rules...Bill Murray was right (see Stripes)
12. Brazzaville - Old Man Dub - song from the commercial...pretty cool
13. Shirley Bassey/Propellerheads -
History Repeating -- just like the tbird...55-57 and now 2002-???
14. Dave Brubeck - Take 5 - Brubeck's most well-known song, great driving song...
15. Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun -- woo hoo ... everybody wang chung tonight....

Tommy Tbird Blue
ETA -- Thursday or Friday

Well, I did something a little different. The 6-disc changer is great, and I burn my own CDs, with a 50s theme, etc. On one CD though, I just burned "Fun, Fun, Fun"--35 times to fill it up. That way, whenever I want to hear that song, I just have to move to that disc and away it goes. It is especially handy when giving rides to co-workers for the first time. Start the car, "secretly" hit the track up/down button on the steering wheel, and our favorite song plays. I've had lots of laughs and "you have got to be kidding me" comments. I love this car. I've had it since Dec 14, have 2000 miles on it, and still wear the biggest grin when I drive it.
Hugh in Houston

Tommy Tbird, some good tunes there.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

With this many members, there has to be some Thunderbird songs in someone's collection that we don't all have yet. I am starting a list for my 3rd CD collection. At this rate, it may not happen.

Thor-O

Very old - probably never recorded:
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
I'm half crazy all for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet upon the seat of my Tee Bird built for two

JW, you should record that and put it on you-tube for all of us to enjoy! Check out "She's on her way to Florida in the T-Bird", a fun little tune.

Thor-O

Here are some songs that have Thunderbirds in them or that refer to Thunderbirds;
Fun, Fun, Fun - BeachBoys
Little Deuce Coupe - BeachBoys
Bop - Dan Seals

* one note: Little Deuce coupe may not be all pleasing to us Bird owners. There's a line in the song about the guy's coupe. It says "She'll walk a Thunderbird like it's standing still!". Obviously whoever wrote the song didn't know about the 3.9 litre engine!

Actually, I have to laugh at that part because as the owner of a '66 Thunderbird, I have to say it's really not that hard to make something go faster than one. Maybe with the 428 it would be different, but with the base 390 like mine has, it is sooooooo not fast. Loads of fun, sure, but not fast.

Been out a while, STILL no new T-bird song finds?? I must have them all. Jump in if you catch one!

THOR-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back