T-Bird Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should remind folks here that except for Tip, has anyone thought about copyrights? If you plan on producing a CD with various artists songs on them you have to have an agreement with them, in which they may charge a percentage for royalties. Remember that Napster was shut down because of copyright infringements, which carry some fairly substantial penalties, including a $250,000 fine for each infringement and can result in a jail term of 5 years. I'm not sure that the penalties would be worth it. I know that Tip has thought of these matters in getting involved with a recording company.

------------------

Birdman 93, no one at least not me, is making a cd for resale. All I am doing is trying to find all the songs I can that have T-Bird in the lerics.I'll make a list when finished and will email the LIST to anyone that wents it. They can do with it what they went. I wouldn't think there would be any copyrights involved in a paper list of song titles.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

You are correct about these things, Tony. Of course you can all burn a CD of songs from a Napster style of web site. However, the sound quality of the CD may not be as good as what I'll be producing. Also, depending on the type of burner that you have, it may or may not play in your car. I'd still be interested in hearing of other songs than what I'm proposing to Ford. Maybe a two disc set would be interesting to them!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium '02 (Waiting sort of patiently)
Yellow '76

Here's some candidates:

Old Man Dub - Brazzaville (the 2002 Tbird commercial song)
Thunderbird - ZZ Top
Tuff Enuff - Fabulous Thunderbirds

Of course...all copyrights, etc. should apply...

found a song for pooh and everyone at the plant. Makin Thunderbirds by Bob Seger. A real good song

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

been there got that one

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Gobird;

If you have finished your list I would like a copy also.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

To everyone out there, I will soon have my song list togather. I will post all the songs and the artist on these and will let you know where you can download them for your own list. It may be a couple of days but I will get them all listed. These are all the songs I could find on Thunderbirds and a few fillers to fill a CD.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

-

I don't have any specific songs, but wanted to report that I have a CD of Duke Ellington big band tunes. I played it the other day and put the sound system on "Hall". I have never been much of a fan of those sound system special effects, but I almost believed I was in a big dance hall, seated up close to the band. The "Driver Only" setting is pretty cool, too, it seemed like the stereo separation was emphasized.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

OK people, here are the songs that I have come up with for the T-Bird CD. I was not able to get or find Brazzaville, Old Man Dub to download or to buy which is the theme song for the advertisement on TV. I will keep looking for it. If I find it, I will let all of you know. But here are the songs that I did find with a few filler songs to fill up the CD. They are not all T-Bird songs but are 50's and 60's songs of the era that you might enjoy. So here goes:
1. Silver Thunderbird by Marc Cohn
2. Fun, Fun, Fun by The Beach Boys
3. Makin Thunderbirds by Bob Seger
4. Jaguar and Thunderbird by Chuck Berry
5. Pink Thunderbird by Gene Vincent & His
Blue Caps
6. Black & White Thunderbird by The
Delicates
7. Blond in the Blue T-Bird by Stevie
Nicks & Walter Egan
8. Route 66 by Route 66 (TV Theme Song)
9. Little Fourty Ford by Leon Smith
10. Ford V-8 by Honey Boy Allan
11. No Particular Place To Go by Chuck
Berry
12. I Gotta New Car by Big Boy Band
13. Laughing Song by Beach Boys
14. 77 Sunset Strip (TV Theme Song)
15. Thunderbirds Theme by The Shadows (TV
Theme Song for Thunderbird Show)
16. 41 Ford by The Grand Prix
17. Stick Shift by The Duals
18. Hot Rod Race by Ramblin Jimmie Dolan
19. Deadmans Curve by Beach Boys
20. Surfin Bird (Bird is The Word) by
Trashman
21. Black Bird by the Bealtes
These are all the songs I found,I am sure there are more out there but I cannot find them. If you have any problems finding these songs, you can e-mail me and I will try to point you in the right direction. Most of these songs can be found on win mx website. Some of these I have on my own CD's which you may not be able to find. So if you have a problem, let me know. I will see if I can help you on this. That's all there is. Gobird

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

Hubby came up with a cute song, "May the (blue) bird of paradise fly up your nose". Can't remember the artist, before my time.
smile.gif

Yes, I've been lurking - and pouting - no VIN yet.
UstaB 3 of 10, now #4 of 10, in Topeka KS where Laura Bush is visiting today

-

-

A cut from the Brazzaville recording is available on the Ford Thunderbird website, although it may be hard to transfer. Go to "Take Me to the Stories", episode 1, Allison's first email and follow the link "sexy music". Click "the real story" on the left panel, then click on "Listen Now" at the end of the band's bio. It's only about a minute in length.

Nice listing Gobird! There are a few there that I hadn't thought of for my CD that I'm presenting to Ford. I am now considering a double CD! I am making some progress with my contact with Ford. Unfortunately those I need to talk to are very involved with the Detroit and Chicago Auto Shows. I'm hoping to have some decisions in a couple of weeks. I think you'll all be happy with what we come up with. If you don't want to mess around with downloading from the net, hang in there. The quality of sound and graphics on both the jewel case insert and disc will be superior and will be worth the wait!

------------------
Yellow '76

Tip, even though I have my CD made I would be interested in a professionally made CD. Let us know when things are a go on this.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

If all goes well, I should have it well before Thunder! Once I get the OK from Ford, the time consuming thing is getting the royalties squared away with the various artists. Thanks for your patience!

------------------
Yellow '76

Hi. I thought I'd pass on some info about your thoughts on a music CD.

You can all make your own CDs, individualized for your tastes. You need a web site that offers downloads of MP3 music, a program to convert the MP3s to WAV, and a CD burner.

Sites for the most music include Audiogalaxy.com, audiognome.com, winmx.com, or kazaa.com. All the programs are free to download and use. They all have search engins you can specify Thunderbird, car, or whatever else you like. You are searching for actual song titles or artists. Audiogalaxy does have copyright protection for some songs, but they usually offer the best quality of music. All are user friendly.

Software for converting MP3 (smaller file size) to WAV (for normal music CD) usually comes with whatever CD burner you have. If your computer is relatively new or you have used the CD burner already, you probably already know this. IMHO, the easiest to use is Roxio's Easy CD Creator. It saves hard drive space because it does not have to save the converted WAV music to burn the CD. It also is drag and drop and very user friendly.

The other option would be to take individual songs from your existing CDs to make a "Greatest Hits" collection. Again, most CD burners have the software for this as well.

Most music is copyrighted which means it is illegal to sell or distribute it beyond your own personal use. At least for now though, you can still share the music with users through the file share programs I listed above.

I suspect most people posting her already know all this information, but for those who don't, I hope this helps. Please feel free to e-mail me if I can offer any assistance. I'm no expert, but I've been working with MP3s for a few years now.

Good luck, and enjoy your music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back