Speed Sensative Radio Volume Control | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Speed Sensative Radio Volume Control

• Thread starter Thread starter George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Passed Away July 25, 2015
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
For those who didn't know, there is an automatic volume control you can activate. With this feature "the radio volume changes automatically and slightly with vehicle speed to compensate for road noise." Here's alkl you have to do:

A) Press and hold volume control knob for 5 seconds (with the radio on)
B) Then press the "SEL" arrow up to increase or down to decrease volume compensation. NOTE the selected level will appear in the display
Recommended level is 1 to 3. I personally find that 7 is just right for me. NOTE: set at 0 means it's off.

I am posting this because "MagicFen" had written in a wind blocker thread that: "I also find I'm really cranking the audio to be able to hear it well."
So I thought that there may be others that didn't know this option was available to them.

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I was just talking about this with my dad the other day. We concluded that the stereo didn't have the speed adjust feature. But apparently we were wrong!

That's why I posted it on a separate thread. That way, new members that may be doing a search, in the future, will be able to find this info.

Speed Sensitive Volume control

I spent some time last night playing around with the audio features in my Bird. The SS Volume worked great this AM on the way to work. I did change it from 6 to 4 during the commute, but it is a really useful feature. I also found the control setting that changes the sound from "all seats" to "drivers seat" to "top down". What a difference now. Thanks for the small kick in the pants that pushed me to look at this, George!

Fenner

That's why I started a separate thread for this subject.
Otherwise it would have been buried in the other thread and not everyone has time to read all threads.
Glad it helped!😎

George,

thanks for the information. I made the change and it sounds great. It's nice not having to change the volume all the time with the top down.

Steak:
Your very welcome. 😎
It was discussed on another, unrelated, thread and I knew if I answered it there not everyone would see it.
We have many new TBird owners here now and they may not read every thread, but this ones title will get your attention.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back