So. Cal Sunday Cruise -- 1/27/02

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you Southern California '02 Bird owners are interested in getting together for a Sunday cruise on January 31st, post here.

I am thinking we all meet at a central location and then consider maybe taking a run at PCH.

Preliminary thoughts are meeting at Mel's Drive-In (Valley or Hollywood) for lunch and then making a Canyon run into PCH and cap it at Santa Monica Beach Pier.

It would be nice if we could get at least one bird of every color. I'm going to take advantage of the nice weather this Sunday and scout out a run and see whether we can get reserved parking, etc.

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

A Sunday cruise sounds like fun, rt2esq. Any possibility of extending it to say, Santa Barbara, to give us Northerners an opportunity? Also, the 27th is the NFL conference championship [remember football?] and the following week is the Superbowl, so a later date might help the turnout.

Everything is flexible and I would love to extend it to S.B. I just noticed that my dates are off.

As for my own schedule, I am pretty limited on my available Sundays to 1/27 and 2/24. Maybe we can do an informal in LA proper on the 27th and a bigger one to S.B. on the 24th???

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

Looking through Joe's database, and also the others I've contacted, I noted the following possible So. Cal Birds:

1. KtEdsel -- Full Blue

2. Desertroadrunner -- Red Premium

3. Cobirdman -- Yellow

4. NMTnirdLA -- Neiman Marcus Edition

5. Clebus -- Black Premium

6. Golden-Gal/KH6VO -- White Premium

If any of you are SoCal folks, send me an e-mail at rt2esq@*********

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

Is anyone interested in getting together on the 27th??? Let me know...soon by posting here. I found a good site:

Noon, Mel's Drive-In at 8585 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA. We can all meet for lunch and then hit Sunset Blvd., and all its famous curves, to the Beach and then do a "photo op" at the Santa Monica Pier. Unfortunately, they only have a few spots in front of the place and Valet parking for the rest of the lot.

If I do not have confirmation of at least 5 of us by Friday night, we'll reschedule for late February with a drive and meeting in Santa Barbara with Central and Northern California folks -- maybe an overnight included.

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

TR,

Looks like a good spot. One of my best friends lives in SB. I'm planning on golfing with him next week. I'll have him check out the place for us and give a report.

RT2ESQ
Triple Black #1049

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back