Slip control button always resets to ON....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed to my disaray that the rear wheel anti-slip control is electronically reset to the ON position each time the car is started.

I hate that feature...

If I want the darn thing off its because I want it off....

Who ever thought that thinking for the driver would be nice, made a major mistake with this driver...

Show a little red light in the dash cluster indicating the thing is in the OFF position and then leave it to me to decide if I want it ON....

The same applies for the seatbelt warning.... OK DING DING DING I dont have my seat belt on...

Anoying innovations in safety like these I can do without...

Next they will have a recording of my mother telling me to wear a hat and coat when I drop the top on cold days...

Next time, keep it simple guys... A good old manual toggle switch will be enough.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I agree. I like to be in control of my car. It is our misfortune that lawsuites have driven manufactures to building cars that remove more driver control.

Think about this. The current laws makes manufactures design airbags to protect unbelted passengers. This makes the air bag inflat faster to catch the unbelted person and increases the risk of injury to all even the belted passenger. We should accept that anyone who refuses to help themselves has made a decision to leave their life up to fate and design cars for people who are able to think.

This auto reset option is to protect yourself from yourself.

To deactive the seatbelt "Ding, Ding" do the following:
1. Turn the ignition to the run position.
2.Wait for the seatbelt warning light to go off (1 to 2 minutes).
3.Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt three times.
4. Turn on the parking lamps, turn off the parking lamps.
5.Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt three times.
6. The warning light will light up for 3 seconds.
7. Within seven seconds of the light goning out buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt.
8. The system is deactivated.

For more information, see page 106 of your owners manual. I could not find anything on the traction control.

Paul H.

PaulH;

Those instructions sound like the oil change instructions someone posted a while back. The only thing missing is you forgot to include the drink a beer step between each numbered step.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Do you T-Bird folks have to do like we Mustang folks do....pull up your parking brake before you can lower or raise the convertible top????

God forbid some poor misguided sole should attempt to lower the top while driving on the Interstate at 70MPH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back