Skip's Megacruise in MA | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Skip's Megacruise in MA

• Thread starter Thread starter George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Passed Away July 25, 2015
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
It's time once again for the annual Skip's Megacruise on Saturday July 7th (rain date Sunday July 8th).

We had a great turnout of our cars last year and the overall turnout of other cars coming to the show was very impressive (2 football-size fields).

Bruce will be bringing the PJ Mustang and this will be the first opportunity for the rest of us to get a look at it.

No judging or trophies (well there is one prize for best of show), so you don't have to get all in a sweat detailing the car, just sit back and enjoy the show (and the food too....Skip's has great drive-in food...hamburgers, curley fries, and thick shakes).

NEVT members also attend this show and there will be live entertainment and a very large 50/50 jackpot drawing.

We'll meet at the Dunk'in Doughnuts in Amesbury so we can caravan into the show and all park together. Plan to meet there at 1:00 PM.

Their address is 80 Macy St. Amesbury, Ma 01913

If you are travelling up I-95 North:

Get off at Exit 58B and follow Rt 110 West towards Amesbury
Dunk'ins is 1/2 mile on the right

If you are travelling up I-495 North:

Get off at Exit 55 and follow Rt 110 East towards Salisbury
Dunk'ins is 1/16 mile on the left

If anyone needs to come up late the address for Skip's is:

92 East Main St. Merrimac, Ma. 01860

We should be at the show from 2 to 6 PM and after that we can caravan out for dinner before returning home, if you wish to.

Hope you can go, this is one not to be missed. 500-600 cars usually.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Great, Look forward to meeting you.
I'll be away this week and will see you at 1PM, at Dunkin's.
NOTE: If you want to spend the day with a cruise, there's about 6-8 cars meeting in Lexington, MA on route 128. Here's the specifics from another member:

"Most of you are early risers, so I went out for a spin yesterday and mapped out a cruise for the morning.

It features a scenic cruise along the ocean through Beverly Farms, Manchester by the Sea, and Magnolia ending in up in Cape Ann at the Hammond Castle estate (admission $9.00).
Info here:

http://www.hammondcastle.org/index.htm

Of course, I will be carrying food, snacks, and drinks in the car for anyone who gets a mid-morning hunger pain.

After the castle we will proceed North to meet anyone else at the Dunk'in Doughnuts on Rt 110 around 1:00 PM in Amesbury prior to caravanning into the show together.
Meeting times:

McDonald's Rest Stop on 128N/I-95N in Lexington 8:30 AM.

This rest stop is on the Northbound side of 128/I-95 in Lexington near the Rt 2A exit.

We will proceed from there to the Beverly Airport for a quick visit and to drop off Chuck's trailer if he is with us.
We will leave the Airport at 10:00 AM to begin our cruise. If anyone wants to meet us at the Beverly Airport (if you are closer to Beverly than Lexington) just be aware that there is an East and a West side of the airport and many of the roads signs will bring you to the wrong side. You want to be on the East side of the field where the control tower is. The East side is off Rt 97 on L P Henderson Rd. Let me know if you want to meet us there and I'll give you specific directions from where you are.

Hope you can all make it up early for a fun-filled day.

Last edited:
It appears that this is going to be a nice warm but dry day. Could be in the 80's, but dry.

Updated list for Morning Cruise:😀

Dino & Susan
Nick & Barbara Squid
Barbara
Roger & Terry
Wes

Meeting at Dunkin Donut's in Amesbury at 1:00 PM:😎

Ed Roy
George
Bruce & Kirsten
Len & Helen
Chuck
Lee & Cindy
Peter

Last edited:
This turned out to be a great day and lots of cars from all era's. Warm, dry and breezy. Also got a chance to meet Tatto98 finally. Thanks for driving up Ed. I hope you and your brother enjoyed it.
Probably a good thing you left when you did... Chuck didn't get back to CT until 1 AM this morning. When we left the field we toured back to the North Shore for dinner with the six cars that were left.😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back