Sign Affidavit???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are now picking up your new T-Birds are the dealer's still trying to make you sign,affidavit that you will not sell them for 6 month's??? Is this legal???? Do I have to sign????

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I wouldn't worry about signing it. The affidavit simply says that you don't "intend" to sell it in the next six months. There is is no way to determine your intent, nor should there be any penalty if you do sell.

In my case, I'm willing to sign it... and extend it another 20 years... as long as I can extend it to my future children and grandchildren... and their grandchildren...
smile.gif

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
Waiting for #9476...

The dealers were directed by their Regional Managers to have their customers sign the statement to help prevent brokering and profiteering on the new model. If you wanted to buy one just to resell it, this would perhaps discourage you.
The dealer runs the risk of losing the balance of their allocation if they feed brokers who resell the units. They must be sold and titled to an end user, not a reseller. There are reports of dealers losing their allocation and one had to go buy back a new Thunderbird they had sold to a broker.
Selling over MSRP is bad - selling to a broker is worse!

I remember when I first heard about signing this, I thought "no way".

But basically the dealer handled the transaction at MSRP and was so up front about the whole thing I decided not to make an issue out of it. I truly had no intention to sell it when I signed it, and the document didn't say I would never change my mind!

Tom M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back