Shows, Cruises, Get Togethers and Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderbird D e s t i n a t i o n... October 18-21, 2002, Destin, Florida

Go to our website and you will see the itinerary for this event and find the information that you will need in order to make your reservations.

Highlights of this event include:

An indoor "Drive-In" Movie Theater, presenting a Thunderbird-inspired film.

A very special guest speaker from Ford Motor Company. Gary Boes, Chief Engineer for the Thunderbird Program will be with us to speak to us and to answer our Thunderbird questions.

A caravan of Thunderbird's along the shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico.

Plus much, much more....

This is your chance to see over 100 new Thunderbird's in one location!

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I will be going to the RT23 Auto Mall Show tomorrow Sunday 4/21. That is in New Jersey Rt 23 south bound in Butler. I had registered my '57 but the bumper is out being re-chromed, so I will be taking the '02. This is a Thunderbird and Mustang Show, I believe there will be some Datsuns there too(I'll keep the comments to myself).My Thunderbird Club (NJ Thunerbird Assoc.) will have a lot of Birds there, all years. I hope to see some NJ people from this board stop by to say hello.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(ok so I sold it 2 months ago)

-

Got back from the show, I had the only '02 there, except for one in the showroom. There were 2 '56s, 2 '57s, 1 '55 and several other assorted newer T Birds. Also a lot of Mustangs and "Z"s. Big Foot was there too and crushed a couple of cars. A red bird pulled in to the spectator area. I told him and another couple who had just purchased a Bird, but have not received it yet, about this site. I think I am going to make some cards with the web site address, so I can hand them out as I run into new T-Bird owners. Any ideas on putting something on this site that we could copy? Maybe some graphics on it?

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(ok so I sold it 2 months ago)

Just a reminder to those people near the north Jersey area. This Saturday June 8 is the North Jersey Thunderbird Assoc. 20th annual All Thunderbird Show. We are expecting over 100 Thunderbirds. I will have my starmist blue '57 and my black '02 in the show. If you stop by make sure you say hello, ask for Pat. It will take place in Pompton Plains, NJ. Did I mention spectators are free? If you want to show you T-Bird, registration is $ 14.00. All show cars receive a plaque with a photograph of your car on it. Show time is 9am to 3pm. I will be happy to give directions if anyone needs them. The address is Pompton Valley Presbyterian Church, 60 Sunset Rd., Pompton Plains, NJ. Thats only a few miles from the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne.

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

anything going on in or around chicago?? id like to see some of your birds. im tired of seeing them on the dealer lots i want to see them in a more relaxed atomosphere. somewhere where i dont have a salesman hovering over my shoulder.

Another update on the North Jersey Show. At our meeting last night we have about 70 pre-registered Thunderbirds. In years past we have always almost doubled that number on the day of the show. Of that 6 '02 Birds are pre-registered and another 6 have verbally acknowledged they are coming. THIS SHOW IS FOR ALL YEARS THUNDERBIRDS. We have pre-registered 12 '57's alone !! I hope to get a lot of pictures and post them.

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

Well the show went better then anyone hoped for. 121 Thunderbirds, including 10 2002s. They were, 1 red, 1 yellow, 2 NM, 1 black (mine) 5 Blues. Where were the white ones? All Thunderbirds got a participation plaque, with a photograph of their car on it. All the 2002 got a 1st place badge on their plaques. The other year groups received 1st, 2nd and 3rd place badges. The weather was perfect and everyone had a good time.

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back