Shows, Cruises, Get Togethers and Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
57 bluebird

57 bluebird

VIP Contributor
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I see more and more meeting, shows and cruises mixing in with other topics. I think we should get them all in one place. Maybe a new topic or at least one string, with just the dates and places (without a bunch of comments) Then in the listing of each event a mention could be made to refer people to a different string for replys or comments.

------------------
1957 Starmistblue
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Given the average age of this group, some of us are probably lucky just remembering how to get to this site....
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
OK - now that that's settled, lets see if we can try to start filling in 57 bluebird's request & get some shows, meetings & cruise dates listed under this topic.

We are planning a get together & cruise in Grand Rapids, MI on April 27th for Michigan members and those from nearby states and provinces. I am now assembling a list of attendees. Details are listed under a separate topic "Great Lakes Cruise #1 - Grand Rapids, MI".

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

"The Great Georgia Thunderbird Road Rally!"
May 4-5, 2002
A scenic drive through the rolling pastures and mountains of North Georgia.
As of today, we have a list of over 60 people or 30 Thunderbird's!
We are expecting mostly 2002 Thunderbird's from the list that I have, but ALL years are welcome! We have people coming to the road rally from several States other than Georgia, as well.
For anyone interested in this event, send an e-mail to me at TbirdTim@*******
Our website is at: http://groups.*********/group/metroatlantathunderbirdclub/

-

Might also be a good idea to include a link to the Yahoo! egroup if there is one.

Also, if you send me the dates and some info I will include it in the calendar on thenewtbirddata group.

rolleyes.gif
Joe they have 30 Birds and we only had 2 or 3 for a short time. I can't imagine what that would be like. But hay they won't have my black streak custom there.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

For those traveling from other States to attend "The Great Georgia Thunderbird Road Rally" and for those that want to arrive near the starting point for the road rally, some people are making reservations at the Holiday Inn in the quaint town of Dahlonega, Georgia for Friday, May 3.

This could be a great gathering place for those that have a long distance to travel to join us and a way to be together the evening before the road rally. The website for this hotel is: http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/hiexpress?_franchisee=DAHGA

Here's a couple for you:

Thunder on 66-August 13th through 21st, 2002
Chicago to LA

Great Mother Road Rally-September 27-29th, 2002 in Springfield, IL

------------------
*************, Chairman-Thunder on 66

Dot,
Thanks for adding our cruise and the link to your site. You're always way ahead of the rest of us.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

New Jersey, June 8
All Thunderbird Show
North Jersey Thunderbird Assoc.
Pompton Valley Presbyterian Church
60 Sunset Rd.
Pompton Plains, NJ
Call 732-432-6797 for info

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(just sold it)

-

2 great Thunderbird meets
The convention June 27 to July 2 at the Parsippany Hilton, Parsippany, New Jersey

Most of the Birds coming from the North, South and West are meeting in York,Pa. on Tuesday June 25th at a local hotel. They will do some sight seeing at Harley Davidson on Wednesday morning and then in the afternoon head out in one large group to Parsippany, NJ. I don't think they would mind the Pa 02's to join in the parade out of town.
New Jersey will be a wonderful place in June for Thunderbirds

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

-

biggrin.gif
57 bluebird, email me with the details on what will be happening those two days. Maybe I can join you on your parade out of town. Would like to see all the Birds together.How many do you expect?

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

Bluebird57, please get me info on joining North Jersey TBird , thanks for the info, and we should meet for
lunch
Metinsure(Charley)

------------------

GObird, I will get back to you on the York meeting, hopefully the hotel name, I'm not sure if I will be there I may be busy on the New Jersey end, But I will get as much info as I can. I have a meeting this weekend to finalize some plans.

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

Gobird,
So far alll I have is they will meet on Tuesday June 25 at the Holiday Inn on Arsenal Rd. Wednesday morning they will tour the Harley Davidson assembly plant & museum. In the afternoon they will caravan to the Eastern Museum of racing and then to the Gettysburg National Military Park. Thursday June 27, they will caravan to New Jersey. i don't know how many will be there but they mentioned their block of rooms were filling up. They are getting a special rate for the rooms, maybe a call to the hotel can get a number. Anyway i'm sure there will be a good number of birds there

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

57 bluebird, Thank's for the info. I know where all these places are at except the museum of racing. I'll ask some friends on that one.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back