Seam to Know more then Most

Status
Not open for further replies.
jodrod, sounds like you are getting info on weekly production Vin's. Don't know where or don't care where this info is comming from. I was just wondering if you have the latest Vin's they were producting as of Fri. Jan.11. Are they still running about a week ahead if time? Thanks for any input.
Also does anyone know how they ship the cars, rail versus truck. Does it depend on the distance they have to go or doesn't matter. I'ed like to get mine shipped UPS overnight!!! Just a thought.
Sorry about the spelling at the head of the topic. Can't seem to change it.
------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

According to T02 Bird on another thread, they are up to 8888 as of Friday. He was at Wixon and personally observed the current numbers coming off the line.

Thanks for the reference David. Let me clarify a bit further. I'm sure Redbird can shed more light onto this, but cars are not built in VIN order. There were numbers higher and lower coming off the line. There was a sign with red LED readouts in the plant with current VIN on it, and that is what one of the Ford people on our tour said was the latest VIN being produced. At the time we were passing through somewhere between 11:00 and 11:25 (lunch break). Don't know if Redbird was in the plant at the time, but I did get to talk to a few of the assembly line workers along the line.

KB

TO2Bird, I hope one of those RED LIGHTS said 109293. They were about a week ahead in production before shutdown. If that's the case mine may have already gone through. Wishfull thinking.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Those numbers at the paint booth are what's called a rotation number. It's a sequential number assigned to control when the body build is started. The VIN numbers are preassigned before the units are sequenced for production based on color and available parts. The VIN numbers on the units going down the line jump around by several hundred digits. I've seen VINs all last week range from 8800s to 9200s in the final assambly area, no 9293 yet. They are now building 534 t-birds per week.

Gobird:
UPS does play a role in delivering your T-Bird to your dealer.Two years ago UPS took over the routing and traking of all new Ford vehicles. The time in transit has been reduced by 25% since UPS got involved this is part of the reason cars arrive about a week early.

Vin.#4201
Reg.ny 02-SR71

fortbirds,

You obviously have a black bird, that's the FL plate I wanted but all combinations of SR71 were taken, boo hiss.

Gobird,

My data show 21 days build to delivery and delivery 4 days ahead of listed eta and what redbird said as to vins.

JODROD I got an email from my salesman last Friday saying that a Ford rep told him my car wil be pulled to be built in Feb. Can you enlighten as to what the h... that means? Still no VIN on the 800 No.

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental & waiting for red/red/blk premium Bird (#2 of 2 also VIN-less)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

jw,

My guess, and it is just that, is to expect a vin soon, being 2 of 2 I would expect the car about half way thru the model year and that is about now.

Jodrod:
You are right i do have a black bird!
My office was located across the street from the Intrepid Air and Space Museaum here in NYC and I had the daily pleasure of viewing Kelly Johnsons Bird. Regards
Vin.#4201
Reg.# 02-SR71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back