Sad Sight | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Sad Sight

• Thread starter Thread starter RT42
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
While driving past a local Ford dealer (not in my bluebird, too much snow and salt)yesterday I saw two 02 birds a black & a blue premium convertible sitting out front in the snow with a lease for $399 sticker in the windshield . . .could 31,000 built have saturated the market demand?

btw Bueler Ford rt 36 Eatontown NJ

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by RT42:
with a lease for $399 sticker in the windshield . . .could 31,000 built have saturated the market demand?

25,000-30,000 was always a lot of two seater $40,000 cars to sell, especially in a sluggish economy with a lot of automobile competition.

Two sitting at my local dealer for last two months, now surrounded by snow!
Who will by them, even at discounted rates?
I would spend the extra few thou to get the latest.
Ford's and their dealers better idea is to go the beanie baby route get the most while the going is good and flood the market hoping their luck will hold.
Like beanie babies the flood will just fuel the demise.
Still like mine but did not expect that it will be worth a bunch in the future, for the next 20 years it will be more or less a pretty used car!

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full accent
NM wheels Canada
notadailydriver

I think that anyone that buys anything these days thinking that its going to be collectible or gain in value is fooling themselves. An '02 T Bird may gain in value 20 or 25 years from now, but who wants to buy a car like this and store if for 20 years. I'm driving mine everyday and plan to continue to do so and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back