reproduction Kelsey-Hayes wire wheel size for 62 SR

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
johnpaul
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
First post here! I want to convert the drums on my 62 to discs. It has the original 14" KH wheels that are 5.5 inches wide. Many disc brake conversion kits require 15 inch wheels. The reproduction KH sizes are either 14" x 5.", 15" x 5" or 15" x 6". I was thinking of the 15x6 wheels but am concerned about clearance between the tire and (what I think) are the upper ball joints (in photo)0314191749a.jpg . Any info about this is much appreciated

On my 61 convertible , the front required minor grinding on the caliber, and a .25 spacer on the rear.
Hope this helps. The conversation was expensive enough without new wheels and tires.
Talk to the tech people at Wilwood not customer service.

On my 61 convertible , the front required minor grinding on the caliber, and a .25 spacer on the rear.
Hope this helps. The conversation was expensive enough without new wheels and tires.
Talk to the tech people at Wilwood not customer service.
Thanks. Just to be sure, you have 15x6 wheels?

Back