Replacement tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geoff Fairfax

Last seen
I would like to replace the factory ties on my 02 bird. The factory size limits my options. Is there a more common size which would make more brands available. Factory size is 235/50/17
Any help is greatly appreciated :)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Marc,
Which Pirelli's did you get? I put P4000's on a Mustang GT a few years back and was well pleased with the performance.
Car and Driver once did a road test of couple of BMW's. One had Pirelli's and the other had a different brand. The Pirelli equipped BMW performed better. They swapped tires and found that the performance was related to the tires.
I only have 22k on the 03 Tbird so I don't need new tires yet. I'm not a big fan of Michelin or Goodyear.
Putt

Tires

PUTT, I have the same tires as MARC ... they came from Rick at Worldclass wheels... great tires.. hug the road..
Jim

The tires are 235/55/17 PZero Nero Pirelli's. They look good, and offer great handling and ride. I also got them from Rick at World Class Wheels a true pleasure to work with.

Marc said:
The tires are 235/55/17 PZero Nero Pirelli's. They look good, and offer great handling and ride. I also got them from Rick at World Class Wheels a true pleasure to work with.
What does the added height do to the spedometer? Increase/decrease speed indication??

Birdblue said:
What does the added height do to the spedometer? Increase/decrease speed indication??
I would have thought it would change... but when I compared the speedometer with a GPS they were the same with the new tires... maybe my speedometer was wrong to begin with, and the tires made up the difference.. would be interesting if others have done GPS comparison.
Jim

I haven't checked it but did have a chart that calculated very little difference.

My speedometer is about 2-3 mph off (lower) right now with the oem tires. Maybe this size will improve the accuracy!! :D

Marc,
Which Pirelli's did you get? I put P4000's on a Mustang GT a few years back and was well pleased with the performance.
Car and Driver once did a road test of couple of BMW's. One had Pirelli's and the other had a different brand. The Pirelli equipped BMW performed better. They swapped tires and found that the performance was related to the tires.
I only have 22k on the 03 Tbird so I don't need new tires yet. I'm not a big fan of Michelin or Goodyear.
Putt
Have Pirelli P7s on both my other cars and love them!

Just to add about tires. We bought ours with Mastercraft tires already on them. Needless to say they were not a good choice for the car. We replaced with Michelin and the ride difference was night and day. Whatever you choose, don't go cheap! You usually get what you pay for.

luv them vogue tires

Attachments

• 2002T_bird with wire wheels.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back