Replacement Tires for 2002 Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kokonutgirl

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
I currently have Michelin Pilots on my car but they are nearly as bald as NASCAR tires. So, I need to replace them. However, Michelin's are too expensive, especially with Uncle Sam knocking on my door for some change. I have had a few people tell me about Nexen which are Korean tires. I would really appreciate any recommendations of some alternate tire brands that are around $600 for a complete set. I don't drive like Dale Earnhardt, Jr., probably more like Kyle Petty... so in other words I don't need top of the line performance tires but I do like to have fun with my Bird. ;)

Thanks for your help!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

.....Hello...You will find many choices as you research....Just remember, the Pilots are V rated....Cheers!

kokonutgirl,

I had the same feelings as you about a year ago when my 2002 Lincon LS needed tires (some tires as the Bird). I got a set of Toyo for something like $630. The very first day I was sorry, the tires vibrated at about 75 mph & up... I went back after a couple of weeks and they rebalanced them at no charge but it imporved the condition only slightly.

If I had it to do over I would get the Michelin's. At Costco I think they'd only be $100-$150 a set more than the cheapo tires and give a much smoother ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back