Replacement or extra keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
rolleyes.gif
I just talked to 3 of the local lock smiths and they all told me that they do make keys for the programmable locks , but NOT for the T-Bird. They all told me that I would have to go to the dealer to have this done. Just a though, sence I always like to have an extra key if one is misplaced or lost.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

if the system is anything like the one in my explorere, which i think it is. it is a lot cheaper to have a 3rd key made now, than making a second key after losing one. with the two keys you have now it is only the cost of the key and having it cut. you can program it yourself. (it's in the book). if you loose a key like i did
redface.gif
, they have to go into the computer and reprogram the one you have and then add the new one. my dealer's parts department advertises them $35 for the key and $80 to have them programed if you need it. I will take my code key down and have them get me a third one soon myself.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back