Repair Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see this mentioned which is good in
one way. No major accidents.

Was surfing the Avalanche site. Seems the
vehicle is so popular right now GM has
almost zero inventory of repair parts.
Some have had wrecks and still waiting for
parts. Truck damaged in December still
waiting. Have to be careful in mine.

What about the bird think this will be
a problem. If all crews doing best to
produce sold car, would leave little for
inventory build-up
 
I do know of one that had one side wiped out 2 weeks after taking delivery. The insurance agent was surprised that the parts were not an issue at least in price. Not sure about availability.

The exception was the windshield.

EVERYONE: I would recommend having full replacement glass on your bird.
 
Pat: If possible, watch how they replace your visor and describe the process to us. I for one would love to take them off and replace them with something else. Also, let us know if the new one comes with the sticker attched. Thank you.
 
When I picked up my car last week the salesman found two flaws on one wheel. He said they would order a new one. It came in two days ago. I though that was pretty quick.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
 
I just picked up my car yesterday...more on that later! One quick question for those of you who already have your cars. Does the Thunderbird body on your steering wheel emblem have complete chrome or is it half chrome/half white. Mine seems to look odd to me. Just wondering if it's supposed to be this way or not.

Thanks,

KB
 
When I had my fan module replaced in December the car was in and out in 1/2 day. This may be because the modules are the same as used on the LS.
 
KB,

Just went out and checked, it is brushed aluminum and teal, the same as on the trunk except the trunk is chrome and teal.

How was the drive home, did you go down I95?

-
 
Um, do we have a trivia fact here. I have an early VIN, KB and greyfox have later vins.

Edit

Just went and looked again. The left half of the bird is silver, the right side is white, the top half of the wing is darker teal and the lower is lighter teal and the whole wing is outlined in silver.

-
 
Parts tend to be a problem on all new models, regardless of manufacturer. Ford has committed to dealers to have 95% of all parts available at time of introduction. Available and at your dealer are two different things. And if you have a body repair to make and have 95% of the parts you still have to wait on the other 5%. But Ford has done a better job in recent years on new model parts.
 
Just checked mine it is the same as jodrod's.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-
 
Thanks for the info guys. Guess I won't have to be going to the dealer now.

Joe, I was determined to avoid I-95 and the Turnpike at all costs. I could just envision a bunch of stone chips in her maiden flight, and I just couldn't do it.

Took 441 to 27 all the way to Fort Lauderdale...not as much traffic on that route. Trip took about 8 1/2 hours and wasn't too exhausting. Didn't plan on getting home after midnight, but all in all the trip was not too dramatic. Lots of looks and thumbs up though!

KB
 
I took my bird to the dealer on Sat. Feb.2 due to manufacturing flaws in my tonneau cover ( Snap not fully crimped ) and four out of my six snaps wont stay snapped. One of them even pulled out of the moulding/trim piece behind the seats. Rather than just replace the bottom half of the snap, he just ordered me a new mouling/trim piece and a new tonneau cover. He called me yesterday and said that my parts were in. Ten days isn't too bad. Especially for the moulding/trim piece. That had to be harder to come by than the tonneau cover.
smile.gif


------------------
Blue/Blue Premium
Full Interior Accent
Production #3944 VIN#3847
" Gotta Love It "
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top