Redline | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Redline

• Thread starter Thread starter Brad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the Redline is on the Tbird engine?

When I got almost WOT (wide open throttle) the shift points on either 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd seem awfully high. When I've looked, it seems like I'm about to run out of tach once it finally shifts.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

rev limiter

Folks,

6500 appears correct from my expierences with the throttle...and with the rev limiter in place...you can't blow it up at high revs...at least if you have oil in the crankcase...

take the traction control off and have fun...

Flair

Flair,

In a non-slipping situation, will the traction control affect anything?

Is my assumption correct that if you don't see the light for it coming on it's not doing anything?

The only time my traction light has come on is a couple of times when it was snowing and the highway was a little slippery. It was only on briefly. It handled quite well in the snow.
I think it is always on, but not actually doing anything unless the tires start to skid. At least that is the impression I got from the owners guide.

traction control

The traction call is always mointoring the wheel slip and is "active". Next time you pull out and make a right or left turn at the same time, just floor the pedal and the light will come on. You should also hear the wheel slip as well, but just momentarily before the traction control takes over.

Have fun! Be Safe!

Flair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back