Rear interior quarter panel fitment 1956

G
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi anyone have advice on how the rear interior panel fit ? i noticed my old panels and the side windlace are held in place somehow ?

Hi, The wind lace trim is held with small tacks in a rubber strip You could pull the lace away from the rubber strip, The tacks are attached to the fabric wind lace... I had replaced mine front and back.I never had to mess with the panels, Only the front and rear wind lace.

Attachments

• pic73.jpg
    pic73.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
  • pic74.jpg
    pic74.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the reply and pictures, The Tack Strip for the windlace , does it go into the quarter area with the windlace already tacked to it ? and then the Small metal tabes are bent over it to hold it in place ? and then the quarter panel goes over the top ? correct.

The wind lace is tacked on a thin strip of rub

Attached are some pictures of the rear wind-lace from the Restoration and Specifications Manual.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
fabric-weave-wind-lace.jpgrear-wind-lace-1.jpg

Thanks for those photos. I'm going to replace my quarter panels and wind-lace and the only picture I could find in the restoration manual was on page 115 and the panels are screwed on. I may have to reprint my index for the manual as mine only goes to 'V'. Any other tips on replacing them?

Back