Rear interior quarter panel fitment 1956

ICON 56

Hi, The wind lace trim is held with small tacks in a rubber strip You could pull the lace away from the rubber strip, The tacks are attached to the fabric wind lace... I had replaced mine front and back.I never had to mess with the panels, Only the front and rear wind lace.

Attachments

Thanks for the reply and pictures, The Tack Strip for the windlace , does it go into the quarter area with the windlace already tacked to it ? and then the Small metal tabes are bent over it to hold it in place ? and then the quarter panel goes over the top ? correct.

doug7740

Attached are some pictures of the rear wind-lace from the Restoration and Specifications Manual.

The Restoration and Specifications Manual is a must for anyone who owns a 55, 56 or 57 Thunderbird. This manual can be purchased as a complete set or in sections from the link below.

https://www.ctci.org/shop/restoration-and-specifications-manual-complete-set-110-58fc/

Most of the questions that have been asked on this forum regarding 55, 56 or 57 Thunderbirds, the answers can be found in The Restoration and Specifications Manual. As I keep telling everyone, this manual is a must for all 55, 56 or 57 Thunderbird owners.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments