Questions about interior restoration on a 1969 thunderbird

don,t you have a friend does welding ? Cut it out and put in a new pieze
It would require more than just cutting out a piece of steel. It's right by the wheelhouse on the bottom adjacent to where the body mount is. Also I don't have time to cut out all that steel and replace it right now. I just patched it up for now. When the car goes out for body work I am going to show it to the body shop. The should be able to fix it up right quick. For now I just want to seal it up so no water gets into the passenger compartment. Also no... no I don't got someone that can weld for me. It's either myself or a shop.

I did however find a nasty sized hole in the passenger side by the wheel house. Right at the base a good hole about the size of a dime. with a few other pin holes by it. I know for sure if I start grinding it will get much worse so for now just until I cat get enough money to get her to a body shop I just filled in the holes with JB Weld. It's good enough so no more water can get into the car. Hopefully later this year I can get the car to a body shop to fix it all up.
Do it the old fashioned way. Mix up some bondo and resin and fill it in

If thats okay for you, its good for me. I am German and need everything perfect as original....if not, I want fall to sleep.
Its an illness they do not have pills for.

If thats okay for you, its good for me. I am German and need everything perfect as original....if not, I want fall to sleep.
Its an illness they do not have pills for.
Heh I get you. Though right now I want the car drivable. Also... pictures!
F649DBE8-C421-4CC8-BFDF-E7CCD3CFAB03.jpeg C2975A9D-5B9B-4150-B9F7-E27392773206.jpeg
All back together and ready to take her out for a spin! Just waiting on the air cleaner to get back from the painters.

Wow ! That was fast done and looks great. Hope you have fun riding around a bit. What fuel u use and additive for led ?

Wow ! That was fast done and looks great. Hope you have fun riding around a bit. What fuel u use and additive for led ?
No led additive. I run high test. Usually 93 grade and above. The engine also is not original. It's a 460 that came from a later model truck most likely. I think in the later 70's they had hardened valve seats by then. I also can still get fuel without ethanol in it as well. However at every fill up I put Marvel Mystery Oil in the tank when filling up. I just had the car out today for a drive. Runs great! Starts right up and runs smoothly. Though as per its a later model 70's 460 it is a bit of a slouch due to the heads being rather restrictive. But soon I am going to remedy that! She will be smokin rubber soon enough!

Lol I seen a company online that still reproduces Boss 9 heads for the Ford 429/460 engine. Perhaps maybe one day eh?

Thanks ! My 429 is the original one from 68. The car, as you may know from before, has only 14k miles on it. 11:1 in compression. I use led addition every time I refill (95 grade). Anyway -not always- I hear my valves "pingeligeling" when I hit my gas pedal. Worries me......

Why not just pull the heads and have hardened valve seats put in? Oh and I didn't have much choice for my engine. It was what it was. Still 429/460 are pretty much the same engine. 460 just has a longer stroke. Also its kinda better she has a truck engine since truck engines are made tougher and stronger since they usually expect them to work harder. A little head work, a better cam and I really can wake up this engine and make her more lively. I mean might as well right? The C6 transmission can handle up to at least 500hp so might as utilize that big beefy tranny for something.

Back