Question for Destin goers

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I'm also going to leave the boot home so I can get the luggage in the trunk, but that's a small concession to a beautiful area and a great drive.

My hardtop stays home and probably won't be put back on until late November. I think for doing the "drive-in" program, that the view to the movie screen would be better without the hardtop. For those coming with the Neiman Marcus editions, the decision may be a bit tougher.

Although I like the look better w/hard top, I'll be without it. Hope to have the soft boot.

Sally

definitely new soft boot. want the top down for the drive-in movie!

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

BornAgain,
Maybe you can roll into in the elevator and up to your room for safe-keeping. I can try to get the measurements of the elevator, if you like.

cool.gif
At this point, no hard top and the soft boot. Might take the hard top if I had a safe place to store it, but as of now it won't be with us.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

I just checked with Sandestin Resort and the rooms that we have reserved at the Bayside Inn are accessible (unless you have a ground-floor room) by way of elevators which have an interior measurement of 6'x8'. I think that the hardtops would fit into that space to be able to be stored in our rooms, if you choose to bring it.

If someone wants to check on the required size for the hardtop in the stand, that would be great.

The resort has no problem with them being stored in our rooms, especially when I told them the value of each hardtop! The only thing that I wonder about is that hardtop stand is going to take up some room in the trunk.

When the wife & I went on our NC vacation we were able to pack a weeks worth of cloths for both of us and take the stand. We used all available space but were able to do it.

biggrin.gif
Tim, this sounds like an idea. We took our hard top to Fla. the first time and the stand didn't take up that much room in the trunk. Will have to talk to the wife about this. She said no to start with but we didn't think we would have a place to store it. Keeping it in the room would be great. I'll have to go up to my other garage to take some measurements on it. Will let all of you know.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

OK, here are the measurements on the stand. I don't see any problem as long as you can get the stand and top to the room door..

On the stand the whole thing is 63" high , 62" wide, and 20" deep. The only problem is, if you are on something other then the ground floor and the whole thing will not fit in the elevator, if this fits in the elevator then everything looks like a go. For those that want to bring their hard top.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

It has to fit on the elevator. it is only 5'3" high and 5'2" wide. The height is obviouly no problem and the width will most probably fit...definately fit on the diagonal.
I beieve it is smaller than most rolling luggage carts that the bell hops in hotels use...you know, the brass colored ones with casters and a top hanger bar.------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

-

Here's an idea! If the tops won't go upstairs, maybe those with ground floor rooms will allow those with tops to temporarily store them in their rooms during daylight hours. Just a thought...

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back