Problem with Hardtop Carrying Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Has anyone else had this problem?

When we took the herdtop carrying cart out of its plastic bag on Friday evening for the very first time, for the California Cruise I, two small plastic pieces fell out of the bag. The small pieces were out of one wheel rim of one of the rear (non-locking) casters.

We will contact our dealer to see if they can get a replacement caster wheel for us.

But meantime, for a temporary repair, I tried to super glue the broken pieces back into the wheel rim. The only problem was that the small pieces of plastic rim broke out again the next day when we loaded the hardtop onto the cart. The cart was still able to roll on the concrete floor of the garage. Obviously, I will have to find a better glue for a temporary wheel fix.

Does anyone know who makes the cart, or who makes the casters? We only need to replace one of the non-locking casters.

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Didn't have that problem, but those locking casters are a joke. The lock mechanism is flimsy to the point I'm afraid they'll break off anytime I set them and they don't really keep the thing from rolling anyway. I think I'll be looking for some better casters at some point.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

We had exactly the same problem that you describe. The cart was rolling all over the garage while we were trying to set the hardtop down on it. The locking mechanism for the casters is a real weak point.

You would think that Ford could have used better quality casters considering the cost of a replacement hardtop.

I may be forced to go out and find some good solid casters, too.

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back