Pricing "rule of thumb"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what the "rule of thumb" is for the way dealers are pricing new t-birds. Not seeing any on the lots I found 3 on a GMC lot that were priced 10K over MSRP. This is the drive off the lot price today and they will not negotiate. Is this the norm?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Many dealers, including Ford, are charging $5K to $10K over MSRP, this is not unusual. Many of the cars on ebay/AutoTrader and in the local paper are also going for those type of prices.

RichardS: -- I've got a Blue Premium with Full accent interior and HardTop on order. I have a black one noe and probably won't take the Blue one. If you are interested, let me know and I'll get in touch with you. It's still not vin'd, so you can change the colors if you want without delaying the build. I expect it sometime in May.

Get all the new t-birds you want @ MSRP in southern california.

Originally posted by RichardS:
Just wondering what the "rule of thumb" is for the way dealers are pricing new t-birds. Not seeing any on the lots I found 3 on a GMC lot that were priced 10K over MSRP. This is the drive off the lot price today and they will not negotiate. Is this the norm?

I have been using Hagerty for classic car value. The reason is they have a rep. at most every auction and keep values on file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back