Premium model??

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tennistm

Last seen
I am buying a 2004 green Tbird...how can I tell if it is a "premium" edition?

I also note that the steering shift knob is not leather covered, but is white like a pool ball. Can it be replaced with a leather knob?

Thanks,
Tim

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Tim and WELCOME:

That green is called "Vintage Mint Green". They only had that particular green color on 2004 models.

The Deluxe model was sold with 17" 16 spoke wheels that were painted aluminum and did not have a Hardtop.

The Premium model was sold with heated seats, and Hardtop choices for the premium (VMG)green car were black, white or green. The Premium wheels were 17" 7 spoke chromed aluminum wheels.

There also was an optional wheel available with the Premium model. It was a 17" 16 spoke micro-machined wheel that looked like the Deluxe models wheel, but you could definitely tell the difference between the painted and machined wheels.

Finally, the standard interior color was black. Or, there was a black accent option. The accent option available was a white color for the shifter knob, top of steering wheel and seat inserts.
If you have these, do you also have the white Hardtop? A very nice look. I have a friend here in New England that has that combo.

Now to answer your question. Yes you can change the shifter knob, but I believe a TBird knob is around $250-300 if I recall.

I hope this info helps and good luck!!

Thanks

George,

Thanks for all of the info....The top I am buying is green, same as the car. I wish it was white; I agree, a white top is really cool. Oh well, maybe later I'll buy a white top of get this one painted.

Where is the best place to buy Tbird parts i.e. leather knob?

Tim

Important New Info

Tim:
I went back and checked my brochures for '04. There were two, and one of them shows another color which is what you may have.

In '04 there was also a model called the "Pacific Coast Roadster", or as it's known here, PCR. It's color was called "Montery Mist Green Metallic", and the hardtop was called "Light Ash". These cars were Premium models and few were made. BTW, the micro-machined wheels were standard on the PCR.

I saw your post about Mist paint so this may be what you have and the top was sold off separately

I just didn't want to mislead you - But now I don't know if you have a PCR or the Vintage mint green, since the hardtop does not come in the same color as the body and the VMG is not called "Mist".

Now another wrinkle for you----In '04 there was a color very close to the PCR body color, called "Light Ice Blue" so you may find that, that is what you have if you found a hardtop to match it. Now I'm very curious....

Last edited:
George,

Thanks for all of the info....The top I am buying is green, same as the car. I wish it was white; I agree, a white top is really cool. Oh well, maybe later I'll buy a white top of get this one painted.

Where is the best place to buy Tbird parts i.e. leather knob?

Tim

Probably Ford is the only place for the knob. At least ask them

I am buying a 2004 green Tbird...how can I tell if it is a "premium" edition?

I also note that the steering shift knob is not leather covered, but is white like a pool ball. Can it be replaced with a leather knob?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim:
Here are the production numbers for '04:
The final 2004 production data:

Merlot: 3,961
Silver: 2,721
Black: 1,930
Red: 1,734
PCR: 992
Ice Blue: 728
Mint Grn: 605
TOTAL: 12,671

So you have either 1 of 992, or 1 of 728 or 1 of 605

Thanks

Thanks, George, for all of the info.....very helpful.
I am sure it is not a blue
Will the VIN tell me if it is a PCR or preimum...or is there another way?

Thanks,
Tim

Yes, look in the Glove Box.....The PCR's had a special plate that showed the number car it was of the total amount of PCR's made.

In the meantime I'll ask around. PM me or email me your VIN number and I'll try that for you

Last edited:
Tim:

Based upon what I can find out, your color is not mist, it's mint.
Vin 1FAHP60A74Y101754 is a Vintage MINT Green with a VIntage MINT Green hardtop... with partial white interior, SST, and 7 spoke chrome wheels its one of 76 built and is a premium model.

Tim Pm Me Or Email Me Asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back