power trunk

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
M

miketamu

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone attempted or completed a conversion of our 02-05 Tbird manual lift and close trunks to either electric cylinders with actuators or hydraulic cylinders with a pump?
If so, what electric or hydraulic parts did you use. I have a custom body shop that is willing to do the work. It won't be cheap, but it'll be cool and convenient - IF it works right.
Thanks
Mike

Mike, unless there's some physical impairment there's little ju$tification to do what you suggest. However, that's not to say that "cool and convenient" isn't highly appealing to most of us. There's no reason why a good custom body shop couldn't figure it out. Convertible top components should be adaptable. Hydraulic cylinders and pump parts probably less than $500. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Has anyone attempted or completed a conversion of our 02-05 Tbird manual lift and close trunks to either electric cylinders with actuators or hydraulic cylinders with a pump?
If so, what electric or hydraulic parts did you use. I have a custom body shop that is willing to do the work. It won't be cheap, but it'll be cool and convenient - IF it works right.
Thanks
Mike

Only problem I had with mine was the runk started to have problems staying up so I just replaced the struts/lifts, fine after that.

Back