Status
Not open for further replies.
tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Do you think the forum should be used for "for sale" ads, or ads to purchase #1 slots at a dealer? Or perhaps a leased car for 2500.00 over invoice, etc etc?

Please, I need feedback, this is a moderated board, and I want to be fair but I think it is the wrong place to be trying to sell your "slot" for a car you pre-ordered or dealers placing 10,000-12,000 over MSRP. You can buy one anywhere for that!

If you want to sell a pre-titled car, it needs to be at a pre-titled price! All mass produced cars depreciate no matter how high of demand they are.

TBird

Maybe a new site should be developed for want ads. If you go to Mustangworld.com they have a separate area for selling privately owned cars.

I agree, this is not the forum for selling cars. I posted my opinion on this on different threads. Autotrader, E-Bay etc. are the forums for selling, not a discussion group where we are all trying to learn about and keep current with our cars.

I agree with DavidA that this should NOT be a site to sell the Birds from. This is not a New or Used car lot.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293

I would like to see a seperate site or "For Sale" area/thread here so we could see what has developed. I expect that there will be new accessories, the decals for the port holes, etc. as well as vehicles for sale.

I would like to see it limited to the 2002-2006 Thunderbird, since that is the focus of this group.

We might pool our purchasing power to shave a few points off a quantity buy for parts/accessories?

I agree that this shouldn't be used as a forum to sell your T-Bird or slot - eBay and the like are far better equipped to deal with this type of transaction. As far as only listing prices paid or dealer asking prices - maybe this could fall into the acceptable general information category, for those who are interested in tracking trends or just plain information about the Birds.

tbird,
On the main Website World 2002 Thunderbird Discussion site that lists the "2002 Thunderbird - General" forum, how hard would it be to add a "2002 Thunderbird - For Sale or Wanted" forum that could be used for this purpose? Alternatively, certain times may be set aside in the Chat Room for certain topics, such as For Sale or Wanted, etc.

Just a couple of thoughts.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

I just made a new category for For sale.
-

TBird

TBird, Great idea; like what you have done with "For Sale". Glad to see that you respond so quickly. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Yes, tbird, thanks for the new message area! I must have been trying to access my thread about the diecast/pedal cars while you were in the process of moving it, though, as it said it couldn't find the page. I went back later to discover the new message area and my topic was there.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back