portholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am so glad that TIP can accomplish this.. I asked about this 2 months ago at some show and now I/m glad I waited! I love this idea of being etched, but a cling-on seems to always stay put. As long as it doesn't fade. It would be in the torquoise color , right?

I vote for the static cling option also. The beauty of it is that if it does fade it can always be replaced with another, and if you get tired of it, it can be removed. Etching means you have to live with it forever even if your tastes change down the road and to the left.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I used a template and etching paste to put a really nice graphic on the side windows of my 93.

The paste is very thick, and does not run. You really have to work at washing it off, but once you do, you'll find it was worth the effort.

The graphic I placed? I'm part indian on my mother's side of the family-Piegan Blackfoot-and I found a great template at a local crafts shop showing a warrior on top of his horse, and his shield carries a Thunderbird. I thought that was a fitting graphic for my car.

------------------

Just went a checked the porthole window, I believe it is plastic, not glass. This might make a difference on what is applied. Has anyone else checked and agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back