popular colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is a way to find out how many of each color has been (will be) produced. With 25,000 units made, it even makes your car more special to realize that only a few thouand cars in the America will be like yours.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't know if that data is there...but through this and other fora, jodrod has put together some pretty good data -- check out the files in the yahoo group below.
http://groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/

TTB
110074 blue/full blue/white ht

Originally posted by oaklifdn:
I wonder if there is a way to find out how many of each color has been (will be) produced. With 25,000 units made, it even makes your car more special to realize that only a few thouand cars in the America will be like yours.

Just an observation, but on Jodrod's list by vin numbers, after about 6200, the cars seem to be built and shipped in blocks -- accorfing to destination. There seems to be a large group going to Florida, then California, more to California etc. Is it possible that they are building that way now?

Just an FYI, when I was in Detroit on 1/11 I specifically asked Mickey D'Armi if he knew what the color split ratio would be for the model year. His response was that not all dealer orders were in yet, so he didn't know for sure. He did say that black is the most popular to date with white being the least popular. I also asked why the white wasn't available with other interior color combo's, and he said it was the designers' decision not to offer anything but the red.

KB

I wish they had offered the white seat inserts with the black upholstery as an option, like the original 55-57 Birds had. It makes the seats a lot more comfortable to sit on when the top is off and the sun is out!

TO2 Bird,
Then I think the designers missed a really good sale option. I think a white with blue top and blue accent interior would have been almost as good a sale as the blue car is.

Newbird , I agree, that sounds beautiful, I would love to have white interior also on a black car. I had a Maroon Torino with white interior it was awsome, but it also was stolen never to be returned.

it would be nice to order any color interior with any exterior color and any top color. Id want a Black car, with red int with white top. or red/white/white or blue/blue/white

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

Originally posted by T02 Bird:
I also asked why the white wasn't available with other interior color combo's, and he said it was the designers' decision not to offer anything but the red.
KB
It would be nice to think Ford was concerned about the integrity of the design, but I wonder if it had something to do with the cost of supporting some 125 possible color combinations (5 exterior)(5 hardtop)(5 interior) vs. 45 (5 exterior)(3 hardtop)(3 interior). More combinations likely add to the production cost. (pardon any math errors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back