polish and wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldcarnut38

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I'm just coming on here so have missed a lot. But what is the deal about removing the factory wax and re-doing the car with something else? I've had many new cars and trucks and have never heard of this before.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Oldcarnut38

Try clicking on "search" and type in Zaino.

That will bring a bunch of strings that will give you all the info you want!

Jim

oldcarnut38,

Just curious, I had your vin listed in the database but did not have you listed as the owner (field was blank) and I was also missing the top info (got that from another post). Did you buy the car off the lot or ebay? I have people that send me info on vhelicles that they find on ebay or by searching Ford's DealerConnection.

Anyway, you are now listed as the proud owner of 113370, sequence # 13544.

-

I bought the car from ford dealer in alabama couple weeks ago on mso,so I am first owner. Top color is also white. Also do not know what sequence # means. Ask me about old birds and I will know.

oldcarnut,
you have lots to read then! - all of the old topics are still around, just start by bringing up a year's worth of topics near the top of the list then the # of pages of topics to view is at the bottom. Most of the activity on this site has been in the last 5 months.

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

how did you find the sequence #? I know on the old birds,they had it in the production codes on the data plate.you could see the day,month,and number for that day.Also consecutive number. Thanks for the answer--

The rotation number is on one or two of the VIN tags (one on each door, hood, deck, fender). The t-birds going down the line are numbered from 1 to 9960 and then back to 1 so add 9960 to yours to get your build sequence number.

I received my Zaino products Friday and worked on the car all day Saturday. The clay bar made the car look awesome even before putting any wax on! After I put the ZFX/Z2 on I noticed things in the paint I hadn't noticed before. Does anyone know if I can use the clay bar again AFTER the application of the Z2 etc.

TbirdLover,

YES! You can use the clay bar anytime you feel there is a need to get something off the surface of the clearcoat. It won't remove anything that may be imbedded in your clearcoat though. Good luck!

KB

Clay Bars are great and I hope they all come with a note that if you drop it on the ground, throw it away. As good as they are pulling imperfections out of the paint, if they hit the ground they will pick up any dirt or tiny stones. You can imagine what it will do to the car after that. Don't even try to pick the specks out. Just throw it away and buy a new one.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay (Gone but not forgotten)

Very good point 57 bluebird!!! You must be extremely careful with the claybar as it becomes quite slippery while gliding over the painted surface. I've caught myself almost dropping it more than a couple of times. BE CAREFUL !!

KB

Everyone seems to be Zaino crazy. Hasn't anyone had success with any other products? Has anyone used any of the Zymol products? These are supposed to be the finest you can buy, although some are very pricey. Would you believe they have waxes call Estate Glazes and one, a 22oz portion (refillable for life) sells for $1650.00 !!!!. They do have the $30 to $50 variety too.
Here is their site, they have a lot of tips on detailing. Something I did not know, according to them, is you should not wax chrome, because it has to "breath". Go figure ! http://www.zymol.com/phihome.htm

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay (Gone but not forgotten)

-

I had never heard of Zaino until I joined this board,but I have now used it,and I guess you can call me"Zaino Crazy" also. This is the best I have ever used.I have a triple black bird.

Yes me too, this board is the only place I have heard about Zanio. I have been very satisifed with a locally brewed wax and cleaning product brand called Formula "113". Now I have heard about Zymol, but I think I will stick with the "113" for now.
I still can't get an answer about the difference between a wax and a glaze.

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back