performance difference | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

performance difference

• Thread starter Thread starter 69mark3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering the purchase of a used T-bird in the spring. Iknow that there was about a 30 HP increase in the 03 model. Dos any one have any solid performance figures of the difference between the 02 and later models?
😉

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Minute Performance Difference

I don't remember the exact figures, but my recollection is that the '03 was a few tenths of a second faster in 0-60 time. Since expressway travel only allows half-speed for the 147 mph top end of the '02, if I were making the decision, I'd base it on color rather than speed. Additionally if they ever become collectors items (which in time they probably will) the '02 would be of greater value. As the owner of an '02 now with about 32,000 unbelievably happy miles of driving (including one day of over 800 miles), I can unequivocably state that whatever way you go, if you're half as happy with the T-Bird as I am, you won't make a mistake.

Jim

I don't think that you'll feel the difference in power between the years.

I agree with captjim, just pick the color you like and the condition you want and enjoy the car.

My wife has a 04 Black with Sandlewood interior and soft top. She is in seventh heaven with the car. It is one sharp automobile.

Merry Christmas

......I'm with you all. I will have owned my '02 used for a year this Dec.29...had 8000km when purchased.....just turned 31000km. today.....a unique and satisfying ownership experience.....like no other!.....go with colour and condition.....I've never driven a 280hp varient.....but am happy with what I've got......this, after trading a Mustang G.T. ........Cheers! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back