Percent of dealer deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how many dealers have received 50% of their quota yet? I am number 11 of 32 or 42 since my dealer has been alloted 10 more. My dealer which is Capital
Ford of Raleigh, NC has received only 4 so far. Since about 1/3 of the birds have been built it seems as if all the dealers would have received about 1/3 of their shipments.
How concerned should I be?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Pat, All dealers got one to start, and for a lot of dealers that was 100% of the allocation. I got 17 and have recieved only 3 but have 4 more scheduled. I wouldn't worry about the percentage of dealers that have gotten them yet. Because the bigger dealers willl start getting 3 or 4 per month. John

Pat123, My dealer is getting 12. I am picking mine up in 2 hrs. I will be the 4th one that they have recieved to date.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Gobird;

You lucky dog. I envy you. I just wish you would have some of our weather this week to enjoy your bird. Highs in the 60's and 70's and mostly sunny.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

TbirdMarty, Go AWSOME BILL!! I NOTICED where you are from.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Was told today by a dealer that Ford will start production of the 2003's in May. Seems early. What has anyone else heard?

Here is my January 11 post from VINs/Dates/Destinations....
"I talked to my dealer today. Word from the district rep is that Thunderbird delivery is at 25% - all dealers have taken delivery of 25% of their cars. Ford's goal was to hit 25% by Dec 31, 2001, so they are a bit behind schedule."
originally #3 of 10, now #4, still waiting for a VIN, with ice and snow on the ground
blue/blue/partial blue

Somehow I missed CTbob's question the other day. At the rate the 2002s are being built right now, they'll still be building 2002s thru the end of June & possibly thru July & maybe even August so I don't see how or why they would start production of the 2003s in May when they won't need them on the market until late September/early October. As we've found out many times before, most salesmen are much more in the dark than we are and spout more off beat rumors than we do. This is a good place to keep tuned into what's happening with these 'birds.

All I've heard about the 2003s is that we'll know the colors available sometime in March - and that's only hearsay - nothing concrete.

Gobird;

YOU DANG RIGHT!!! And by the way NASCAR season is only a couple weeks away.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Gobird & TBirdMarty,
I enjoy NASCAR but am really an NHRA fan. So I say go John Force.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Word from my salesman today is that all dealers should be at 40% by Feb 14. So they are thinking I'll have a VIN by then with delivery by the end of March. Hmmmm, optimistic?

That was the same responce I was getting from my dealer.(I was on a list 6 of 8 and they just got their second the other day)So I went out yesterday and picked one off the floor somewhere else and did better, only paying MSRP.

02 thunderbird, sounds like you did what i had to do to get my car. my local dealer still does not know when the one he ordered for me will be built (2 of 2). I found just the car i wanted at another dealer (500 miles away) and bought it for less that my original quote. And every time i get in it to do anything i know how great a car it is.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back