Owner survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

New Blackbird

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
To all of you lucky owners who’s cars have been delivered, just a few questions you might answer for the rest of us who are still waiting.

1. How is the wind noise while driving, with and with out the hard top on.
2. Has anyone driven his or her car in the snow yet, and if so how did it handle?
3. How about in the rain, did it hold the road

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by New Blackbird:
To all of you lucky owners who’s cars have been delivered, just a few questions you might answer for the rest of us who are still waiting.

2. Has anyone driven his or her car in the snow yet, and if so how did it handle?
1- I find very little wind noise with hard top on, very acceptable with top off and top down. Bit of noise with convertable top up at highway speeds, but about the same as my Porsche Boxster.
2-Nope, and won't.
3-Nope. Doubt this car will be driven in the rain.

Hardtop-on: Wind noise not noticable
Top down: Not much wind buffeting
Convertible top up: friends have remarked at how quiet it is.

It snowed once since I got it in September, but I didn't take it out, & won't.

Handles in the rain like it does on dry pavement.....very, very well.

A treat awaits you when yours arrives.

I agree with others about the noise. The hard top is very quite, very little wind noise. Put rag top up for the first time last Sunday afternoon. It does have more noise that the hard top, but I liked the fact that you could hear the exhaust tone a little bit. Since this is my 1st convertible, I do not know how it compares, but I do know that no enough to bother me.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

1 - With hardtop on very quiet, soft top is quieter than many ragtops, but more windnoise at 70+ than the hardtop, with top down is the best convert I have experienced at any speed. You can actually talk AND hear the stereo!
2 - Left MI during snow on FL trip at Xmas. Handled very well, compared to other rear wheel drive cars. Came back through GA day after ice storm, roads mostly clear, some icy ramps, handled great.
3 - Not driven in driving rain yet. However wet pavement seems to be no problem.

It's hibernating now, dreaming of spring.

Ditto on all three of Greyfox11's answers.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

1) With the top on is great. Have yet to drive it without the top.

2) Yeah right. She is sleeping. But given the weight is about 50/50 should be simular to a front wheel car.

3) Picked it up in the rain. Live on twisty lake roads, and she handled nicely at speed greater then the posted speed limit.

Fairly quiet with the top up. Even at 100 mph. Also fairly quiet with soft-top up. Impressively quiet with soft-top down. You can carry on a normal conversation at freeway speeds 65 - 75 mph.
No snow and very little rain in San Diego. Will never know how it handles in inclement weather.

Very Quiet with Hardtop, almost the same with the soft top, (it's very well insulated). Top down is great until you get over 75, then it gets a bit windy -- typical convertible at that speed, quieter than most at lower speed. Int he Rain it's fantastic. I have not been able to spin the wheels, even when I turn off the traction control. The tires are VERY grippy. There is near perfect weight distribution and the car holds the road perfectly wet or dry.

1. No wind noise at all with the hard top on. Haven't had it off yet.
2. I drove it (AND I DIDN'T WANT TO) on Monday during a freak snow storm. It handled well.
3. Picked it up in a driving rain. Drove extremely well.

Tom

Originally posted by New Blackbird:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back