Overly Sensitive Remote 2004 Platinum Premium

WesTxStoner425

WesTxStoner425

2004 Platinum over Sand interior
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am constantly seeing if the alarm or popping the trunk inadvertently with the remote in my front pocket. Never had this issue with any other car remote. Even just leaning against the car while dusting or cleaning can set it off; sometimes just bending triggers it. I know, don't put it in your pocket, but that's not an acceptable solution, that's where remote fobs go. Has anyone found a better designed remote that is reliable yet less easily accidentally triggered?

I am constantly seeing if the alarm or popping the trunk inadvertently with the remote in my front pocket. Never had this issue with any other car remote. Even just leaning against the car while dusting or cleaning can set it off; sometimes just bending triggers it. I know, don't put it in your pocket, but that's not an acceptable solution, that's where remote fobs go. Has anyone found a better designed remote that is reliable yet less easily accidentally triggered?
I locked my key's one time in the trunk and call a locksmith out and he figured it out and gave me a switchblade key with a remote on it and just a plain key

Last edited by a moderator:
I once locked my keys in the car but then I realized the top eat down and I just reached in and got them.

that the new key i got but don't use it to offten

I have that problem with my Chrysler. Must be common as my daughter gave me a hard sided zippered case for the fob. You can put it in your pocket or clip it to a belt loop.

Back