Old and New | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Old and New

• Thread starter Thread starter ajsam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work on an Air Force Base which is about the size of small city. In the summer, it seems like everybody gets out their nice cars to bring into work. You never know what you'll see. On Friday I saw a georgeous '64 T-Bird convertable (Red w/white top.) I tracked down the owner and we agreed to meet on our lunchbreak to show off our cars. His "old" T-Bird was a work of art. The top on that car is a mechanical marvel! I couldn't believe the myriad of jackscrews, relays and actuators used to make that baby operate! We looked his over for awhile, my jaw dropped the whole time, and finally he said, "hey let's look at yours." He was as amazed at mine as I was at his! I showed him my power top and all he could say was "****, that thing is fast!" We agreed that each of us had pretty cool rides! Then we headed out to a local golf course for some photos. My Gray '03 looked sweet parked next to that red '64. The thing I like best about my T-Bird is that it's accepted by the automotive community as the real deal. It's nice to connect with Bird owners of all generations and swap stories or compare notes. I think folks are beginning to realize that our modern "baby birds" will become classics in their due time! 🙂

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

......I understand what you're saying!.....Was at an all Thunderbird show a couple of weeks ago and was able to have some shots taken with a gorgeous yellow '56.....It sure attracted attention!.....2 yellow 'Birds....on the grass....a pretty sight to be sure!....at a Museum function this past week-end they call the History Mile......All the vehicles in cronological order.....don't know how many times our '02 had it's picture taken!.....nobody gives our '81 a second look...It's our stealth!...highlight of the week-end was taking a flight in 1939 Waco bi-plane....awesome!.....Ownership of the '02 is a lot of fun, that generates all manner of adventure and people contact........ 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back