Oil type

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
I bought a quart of Motorcraft 5-20 synthetic oil at my Ford dealer just in case I need to top off. I've noticed at various automotive departments and gas stations that 5-20 is not stocked. What would you use (if you had to)? They sometimes have 5-30 synthetics and maybe a 5-20 non synthetic on the shelf. Any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks for the info on Wal-Mart availability. I guess my real question is: if you're a quart low and 5-20 Motorcraft is not available, what is the best substitue? 5-30?

In a pinch use 5-20 Dino juice. The synthetic and dino will blend without a problem (semi-synthetic blends, such as Valvoline's Durablend and others, are the same thing). I wouldn't blend different weight oils. Better yet, put a quart of Motorcraft in a heavy duty zip lock bag in the trunk (or behind the seat, if you don't have to have the seat all the way back).

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back