OH Nooo!!! First Casualty....

• Thread starter Tommy Tbird Blue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommy Tbird Blue

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
We're on our way to FLA...on the road a big rig kicked up a nice sized boulder and it hit the front skirt right under the fog lights. It's cracked pretty bad and I believe the whole front piece will have to be replaced. We already called our dealer to order the part......

Bummer....

------------------
Tommy TBird Blue
Blue/Full Blue/White Top

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sorry to hear that, Hope it's an easy fix. I really thought those panels could take more of a beating

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(just sold it)

I think we should all stay away from Florida. THat makes at least 3 incidents with our cars, your front end, Gobird's rear end and my windshield. Must be a jinx put on by Miss Cleo!

biggrin.gif
DavidA, I was just thinking the same thing. I think it's just the states between here and Florida. I'm moving down there in a few years so I can't say anything bad about Florida.

PS Tommy, sorry to hear about that, know how you feel.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Actually Gobird is right...it happened in North Carolina, in the Duke/NC/Wake Forest nether region. Maybe it happened because I was traveling through ACC country with my Maryland Terrapins hat on!

As far as the seriousness of the injury goes, I believe that whole front panel gets replaced. It looks like one piece, shouldn't be too difficult of a task and because the damage is so low, it's hardly noticeable.

TTBB

Originally posted by DavidA:
I think we should all stay away from Florida. THat makes at least 3 incidents with our cars, your front end, Gobird's rear end and my windshield. Must be a jinx put on by Miss Cleo!

-

tongue.gif
OK lets blame this on the Carolina's. Mine was in South C. and yours in North C. I'm sure we will hear something about this remark.
rolleyes.gif
Did you get the number of the truck?

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Tommy Tbird Blue: Just for your info, the panel is a one piece unit that comes from the manufacturer pre-painted. They arrive at the plant and are taken off huge racks and installled on the car they are serial numbered too. It should be fairly easy and painless to replace and, like the hardtops, I don't think color match will be a problem. Good luck and sorry for your incident, but if "we drives 'em, we takes our chances". I'm close to 10K now on mine and it's the best 10K I've ever put on a car. Ford hit a home run with this thing.

I can't believe you guys would blame these unfortunate scrapes on the Carolinas! Look at South Carolina's motto: "Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places". Maybe it was just the route you took. Next time, come through North Myrtle Beach. Enjoy a wide beach, great food, over a hundred area golf courses, and visit my "Bird" and Mustang museum!
My daughter and I are planning a Thunderbird road trip to Key West in May. Perhaps I better get one of those bras for the front of my car and some side armor.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back