NM Pice paid from 1st. selling dealer$

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steven Hinand

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Did people have to pay over MSRP for the NM T-Birds?

The Cadillac dealers in my area are telling me they are charging $100k for the NM XLR's.
This is $15k over the Sticker price.

Please let me know. Thanks for your help.

------------------
Steven Hinand
Washington State

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

To my knowledge, the Neiman-Marcus Thunderbirds were all the same designated price from Ford. There were no price additions. The 200 Neiman buyers called to purchase the cars on 9/25/2000. Neiman reps asked to what Ford dealer you wanted your car delivered. There was no price negotiation. At least that is what took place in my case.

No mark up on the Neimans were allowed. We were ordering from Neiman Marcus, the ford dealerships were drop ship points. However, the dealers did make a buck or two for acting as the pass through.

The NM sales info states: "NM is acting as the advertising agent for this product"...
The Cadillac dealers I have spoken with think this means they are free to sell this car for any price they want to.
I will let you know Tuesday if I get a Pin #.

------------------
Steven Hinand
Washington State

Dont pay over MSRP for the NM Cadillac unless you have money to burn. I saw a loaded bird go through the Detroit Auto Auction and went for 31K with 5k miles on it. These cars may appreciate, but they have not at this time.

All my concern was a waste of time. I was on 3 phone lines today at 9am and after 23 min on hold I did not get a Pin # to buy an XLR.
Thank you for your thoughts.

------------------
Steven Hinand
Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back