new Thunderbird on Fox's "Titus" show

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new BlueBird has been well received at the Hollywood film studio where I work. I'm the film editor on the "Titus" series for Fox. The star of our show, Christopher Titus, is so enamored with my Bird that he and the writers want to include it in an upcoming episode which will air on Fox February 6.

I've had bad experiences with damage to my classic cars on previous film shoots, so rather than let them mess up my BlueBird and "pay for any damage after the filming," I contacted FoMoCo for help. They agreed to furnish our show with a new Bird for the episode. Ford is being very picky about which TV and film projects they will place the new Bird on, so we're lucky to have it on "Titus." Ford doesn't have any blue Thunderbirds available for film shoots, so we chose a yellow one, premium, full accent vin #548. It must have been sitting around in a warehouse because it only has 200 miles on it. I assume this car has the BASF paint used in early production, because there is absolutely NO orange peel, unlike the moderate orange peel in my #5808 with DuPont paint. Maybe this one was specially prepared for publicity use. It's gorgeous!

By the way, there is a rumor that Ford is developing a new TV series based on the new Thunderbird. Maybe something along the lines of the old Route 66 show? We shall see...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't know about this BASF/DuPont difference. My car is #134 and I have moderate orange peel. I realize it's more obvious for black, but it's definitely there.

NMJeff,
Quite a few of the NM 'birds were painted after they changed over to the Dupont paint, ie, after the early July, 2 week break at the plant. Yours may have been one of those. Your dealer's service dept can probably bring up the date it was completed on their service records for the car.

ktedsel,
will mark that date on my calendar to be sure I tape the show.

-

Originally posted by ktEdsel:
My new BlueBird has been well received at the Hollywood film studio where I work. I'm the film editor on the "Titus" series for Fox. The star of our show, Christopher Titus, is so enamored with my Bird that he and the writers want to include it in an upcoming episode which will air on Fox February 6.

Wow, the Thunderbird is going to Hollywood! It is going to be famous now. :) Have you ever noticed how the credits of the Andy Griffith show give major credit to Ford Motor Co. for the automobiles at the end of the show?

Tbird

The episode is in the can, ready for airing on Fox on Wed nite. I wish the shots of the Bird were better, but I'm not the cinematographer or director - just the lowly editor
smile.gif
There are some nice side views but no front shots
frown.gif
I snapped a couple of photos on the set which I posted on our Yahoo group. I hope this long link works for you.
http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst?.dir=/Titus&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst%3f.dir=/Titus%26.src=gr %26.view=t

-

KTedsel,
thanks for the photos. You actually got the star of the show with the 'bird!
btw:
this short url will work better: http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst then look for the "Titus" folder.

Originally posted by ktEdsel:
The episode is in the can, ready for airing on Fox on Wed nite. I wish the shots of the Bird were better, but I'm not the cinematographer or director - jQUOTE]

Is that your car or one provided by Ford Motor Co.?

Tbird

kt,

Since you are just a lowly editor, will we be able to see your name in the credits? It would be nice to be able to point and say "Hey, I know that guy".

Joy,

Theren't aren't many Trexlers in this part of the country (Calif). Most of the American branch of my family tree comes from Pennsylvania. BTW, my name is spelled "Kris" (after Kris Kringle - can you guess my birthday?) I lobbied long and hard for better shots of the yellowbird on tonight's Titus show, but we'll have to settle for what we have. I squeezed in every frame of footage I could get away with
smile.gif
Because the battery was disconnected and the gas tank drained for fire regulations, I was SOOO glad I didn't let them use my lovely BlueBird on the show. The door lock buttons were down and I saw the cast and crew hopping in the yellowbird over the doors. Aaarrgghh! That would have been a nightmare come true! Glad my beauty was tucked away in my garage on the day the show was filmed.

A couple of nice shots of the Tbird, but "Titus" has got to be the worst show on TV but what can you expect on Murdock's FOX.
Sorry ktEdsel no disrespect to you intended.
------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental waiting forred/red/std blk premium (#2 of 2 VIN 1FEHP60E62Y111592)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

-

Kris, you are right!!!! I would have died having all that carrying on, going on around my car. Touching, jumping , leaning , urrggghhh hurts to think about it.
And Jawill, it was a cut, maybe you don't like it, but many more than you evidently must like.
Kris, Pa huh? Me too. I have like 4 more of the family out there in San Jose, Washington, Oregan, and Sacramento, I believe.

Jawill2000,

I've been fortunate to work on many TV series in my long career. One thing I've learned is that the people you work with is the most important thing. Fortunately there are some prretty nice folks on "Titus" and we've got a good, solid demographic that advertisers love. As far as the entertainment value of the show, I'll keep my opinions off the net. But thanks for your comment. Jodrod, at one point they were going for a low angle shot over the door sill to the other side of the car and the headrests were in the way. They removed them, but the shot changed at the last minute and the headrests were left off.

In my opinion:

The two best things about "Titus" = Cynthia Watros!

I loved the part where Titus' brother Dave wanted her to take he top off & she pretended to but slapped him.

Tom M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back